Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cevical neck pain

biffyboybbiffyboy Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi My name is jason, i have suffered with my pain for over 7 yrs now , 3 yrs ago doctors found what they called minimal damage in my spine at c1/2 c3/4 c5/6 their solution was to learn to live with it!!!! lol thanks..... anyhow my pain has worsened and syptoms too my rms and hands swell up and go dead when lying down also my right leg and foot feels like the blood is bubbling inside i have terrible lumber pain mid thoracic pain , basically walking talking pain carrier. I am currently seeing my gp who is undertaking blood tests etc... same old same old, i just feel i am not being listened to and just want somebody to acknowledge i have a problem cos i know in my mind i do. any help or advice would be much appreciated

• I'm sorry to hear. Ask your Dr for more referrals to another NeuroSurgeon and Orthopedic Surgeon and Rheumatologist. Do you have a Pain Management Dr? If your Dr isn't referring you it's time to find another. There are meds if you have ms. I hope you get some help soon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Welcome to this wonderfully supportive site !

I have cervical pain, arm and hand pain and pins and needles, no swelling though. My MRI shows bone spurs etc (see below) and my Neuro and GP say that the neck, arm pain and headaches cannot be caused by the bone spurs...........Right !
    I am going to see a Pain Management Clinic today for the first time.

I had to shout, and bang on desks to get my referals, and basically nag the GP who does agree I am in pain.

Go back and see the GP, ask maybe for a repeat MRI? and demand some help. I think we have all had to do it at sometime.

I am in the UK, and the regime does seem to be a tad slower and harder I think.

Let us know how you get on?

• Welcome to the site! I beleieve this site will help You a whole lot. Everyone here knows what you are going through! We all are their or have been there.

Keep in touch! :)
  • thanks scully, have had pain management 2 yrs ago went through accupuncture 12 weeks no reaction for me unfortunately , I agree I think I need to be a bit more demanding from now on , thanks for your support and good luck with your health

• thanks serenity, like the quote very apt ta :D
  • Thankyou Charry have since seen a therapist who has suggested i see an orthopaedic surgeon so things are on the move , the meds ive had already apart from wellbrutin and lasix, will bring up with gp next time as i am due a med review soon . thanks take care too

• The important thing, is to know that everything you're experiencing IS real, and yes, I agree with the others, you must take a stand with your doctors, and demand that they do their jobs and help you!!! After months of asking, my Dr finally sent me for a referral with a neurosurgeon, and where she had said all along that my disc was not herniated or protruding, the surgeon said it was, she was a little humbled to find out that she was wrong... Second opinions are a good thing, if you are unsure of what you are being told. We know our own bodies and how they react, the doctors don't, and everybody experiences the pain a little bit differently.
    I wish you good luck in your endeavours, and good health!!!
    Smiley :)
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Thanks smiley and good health to you too
  • Biffy:

I'm a bit amazed that you were told to learn to live with the pain. Then again, I'm not too shocked because people always say that, especially since they aren't experiencing your pain!
    I currently suffer from neck/back pain, and radiculopathy down the left shoulder/arm. Certain treatments relieve the pain and weakness for a short time but I've been told that my options are running out, short of surgery, which I haven't resigned to do yet.
    I really can't work a full day, or do physical work of any kind. Driving to work would be dangerous with the meds I take, and the fact that my neck movement is limited and arm weak. Of course my employer doesn't see it that way, especially since the IME doctor feels that I could do some degree of work. I guess he doesn't consider the facts I just mentioned.
    Basically, I just want to say, hang in and good luck. It's depressing at times when people don't understand, or want to understand, what pain you are feeling. At least in this forum, you get some good feedback, and most importantly, unconditional support. Be well.
  • If you haven't had repeat MRI's in 3 years, it's time to do it again. Especially since your symptoms have gotten so much worse. Be your own advocate, and definitly see either a neuro or orthpedic surgeon. There have been so many medical advances in recent years, that there may be something they do now that they didn't do 7 yrs ago. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.