Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:S 7 days and counting until my TLIF. Nervous as all get out, but it will be ok. Reading the forums has really helped relieve my anxiety. Thank you everyone for the advice.

• Have you busied yourself preparing your post-surgical "nest?" I'm sure you read through the "sticky" at the top about post-surgery tips and have gotten those things that you think you might need.

Try to do calming things from now till surgery. You have made your decision to have surgery, so now things are kind of out of your hands. Maybe you could put together some music that you find soothing and start listening to it every day. Some hospitals will let you take your Ipod into the operating room with you...or at least right up till then. There are also some CDs you can get for relaxation that might help if you are really nervous.

You might also think of some things you enjoy doing that you will not be able to do for awhile after your surgery, and do them this week. Having a positive attitude is important.

We will be here for you when you emerge from the other side.

xx Gwennie
  • Thanks for the headsup. I'll just be glad when the hospital part is over and I'm on the road to recovery. I'm sure you will be hearing from me. House all ready for my return home. Thanks again.