Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

l5 si microdiskectomy

MagnumtagemMMagnumtagem Posts: 76
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well i had my sergury nov 13. Thanks to the suport of my family and all their help im doing preaty well. Back to work after 3 months From what ive heard some areout up to 6 months. Thedoc looked at my mri and called me in 1/2 Hrs saying i had to have sergury for compressed spinal cord and damge to left legg nerve. I had severe foot drop and barely walking. I feel very fortunate to be healing as well as i am. I do still have tingling inmy left foot top and big toe. I do not have alot of pain but i can not sleep very well at all i take lunesta 3mg and alieve before i go to bed andalso sleep in a suport. I toss and turn like a mad manon a phyco trip lol. But over all i am very happy with the results of sergery. I did take alot of vitmins and drank alot of water. Other then that i sat reclined and played video games lol for 1 1/2 months. I hopee all peoplerecover as well as i have. I also realy wathched mu atitude about being out of work and the bills being behind and all. I did injure myself at home so no compensation for lost time or anything witch made i hard but doing good. Wanted to post a success story.

• it started about a year ago with low back pain two mri's and 12 weeks of phiscial therapy many doc visits later they said the L2 disc was pressing on the sciatica nerve and that thay would go in and shave the disk and the bone. i had surgery on jan 20 of this year when i woke up after surgery i could not move my left leg at all the following day i could move it a little i had to use a walker for about a week and half just to walk then i could use a walking stick its been a little over 2 months and i still have pain in my left hip and low back and still can not lift my leg whin im laying on my back or sitting in a chair
    i started therapy 4 weeks ago and the leg has not inproved bbut just a little everybody say it will take time but the ppt doc said he didn't know what else to do that he had not sseen this in other back surgery patient's just wondering if others had heard of this.
  • sorry to hear that my left legg was very weak do to a pinched nerve sounds like when they did your sugery they might have damaged the nerve to the left legg. I do have pain in lower back and have all my life but is is tollerabe. They toldme the nerve might heal itself but it would take up to 6 months or more. I do still have foot slap or drop ( the nerve to the muscle that holds foot up was damaged). I hope thast your condition improves.