Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am back again, unfortunately :/

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
These forums helped me immensely last year when i went through my pain/surgery with my herniated disc.

Unfortunately now I am back for more support/advice.

New Story: About 2-3 weeks ago i had severe pain in my lower back, after being pain free since my recovery from my surgery. This pain lasted about 2 days. Then my right thigh started to ache and it was twiching for about 2 days. The back pain was basically gone at this point. Then 2 days after this ache in my thigh/twitching my right leg went weak (ie i cannot walk up stairs leading with my right foot as my leg will buckle, its not strong enough now).

Went into doctor right away as I thought it was my back. He made me touch my toes, poked at my back, bend around, and he thought it might not be my back. So he gave me a test for diabetes as what i described could be a symptom.

Luckily my bloodtest came back clear, went in for my MRI today.

This afternoon the doctor called me and told me i had a large herniation in the disc above the disk he operated on last June...

Im just really scared now as the weakness in my leg is a serious symptom, one i didnt have with my last herniation. My last herniation i had some weakness in my foot, but one course of oral steroids fixed that.

This weakness feels a lot bigger/more serious and im scared that steroids wont fix it. If they dont fix it im scared surgery is my only option again :/

I dont have any pain in my leg now just this weakness and my shin also feels slightly numb as well (only on the shin part of my right leg).

Anyone else had these symptoms and avoided surgery?