Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Still no help!

Serenity6SSerenity6 Posts: 123
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Went to the psin doctor yesterday evening. I told him everything. How my symptoms were progressing and how I have been having severe headaches. The only thing he said was that the neuro said that I wasn't at surgery stage yet and that he would do the injections on a PRN basis. To call him when I needed another.( In which this injection went down my back , notup my neck) My back and neck is now hurting. He also said to put the tens unit on my neck for my headaches. X(

I am so frustrated. I just feel like crawling up in a ball and staying away from the world. What kind of life can I give my husband and children when I am in pain all the time. I think that they would be better off without me.

• Hello Serenity,

I am so sorry to hear that you have not had the care and unserstanding that you had hoped from the doctor you saw yesterday.

I posted 10 days ago, when I felt EXACTLY the same as you. Felt wretched, that I was completely useless to anybody and everybody.

YOU are immense use to your husband and children, they are likely to be deeply concerned that you are suffering so much but they don't know what to do or say.

On top of your worry that you are life feels awful and useless, you still have to suffer this dreaful pain as well.

Serenity, this is a dark and gloomy day for you.....IT WILL PASS, and you will feel better.

When I posted on probably my worst day a few days ago, so many of our mutual friends on here posted to tell me, that to hang on and it will pass, and the sunshine will shine once again. AND IT WILL, for you and your family.

Please be assured, that this is all part of the 'process' as hard as it is to bear.

Private Message me if you feel up to it. For I too, felt as you do, and worried for my partner and my family.

Thinking of you Serenity, with warm and gentle care

• I really appreciate you! You are a kind person. I am jusy so upset and tired of this. I can't even function at work anymore. Think I am depressed and trying to have anxiety attacks.

I think that they think all I am there fo ris the drugs or something. I could care less about dugs. I just want my life back! :''(
  • Yes I hear you, and you will get it back, you just have to be patient and walk the long lane to recovery.

Easy to say I know, but, it's a fact and we must learn to accept it.

I've not worked since Christmas, and am in my 12th week, it is doubtful that my employer will be happy to wait much longer, and I have to face the fact that I may have to 'suspend' myself for a while. And, after I get a bit further along the lane, I could well be ready to re-join the workforce once again.

It's not easy Serenity, I love to drive, can't do that as I ca't turn my head fast enough. I LOVE to sail, it's my one passion, but, it has to wait................and wait it will, because............I WILL BE BACK.....

Try, and I know ho hard it is, to try and accept, that, for the moment, things will just have to wait for you for a change, do what you can to feel comfortable and keep looking forwards

Tomorrow is a new day.

• I can relate to what you are going through. As the Dr. once told me pain causes depression and depression causes more pain. You get yourself in a vicious cycle. In dark times you have to remember how much you mean to your friends and family!!! I've had days that I didn't even get dressed. I am now forcing myself to get out every day. I've been out of work for six months,and am afraid that I will have to sell my business. It's a scary time to not know where your life is heading.I hope you are feeling better!!!!

• I'm sorry that you're feeling so bad. I know we've all had our days and the support on here really does help. Some days it's just so hard to motivate yourself to just get up and move.

Hang in there buddy.
  • We all know what you are going through, we are all there, or have been there. I've been off work for 2 months, and am not likely to return anytime soon. The important thing, although it is very hard, is to think positively, and not to fall into that "I know I'm useless" trap. Because you are not. Your family needs you and loves you, no matter what physical shape you are in!!!
    I also suffer from post tramautic stress disorder, and anxiety disorder. When I feel an attack coming on, I just breathe deeply, and follow some relaxation techniques and meditation, and try to think positively, that it will pass. The anxiety attacks just make the pain that much worse. Have you discussed this with your doctor? You might be served well with an anti-depressant, it also helps with anxiety, at the right dosage. If you google relaxation techniques, there is a lot of good info out there.
    I wish you better days, they are ahead. Until then, know that you have a great support system in your family, friends, and us here!!!
    Be well, my friend!!
    Smiley :)
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Oh man - I hear your exhaustion and frustration....and I have been right where you are on many occassions. I swear i have cried more in the last 2 years than over my whole adult life span. Keep your chin up - which right now probably hurts alot! I was always very sore after any injections and radiofrequency procedures.

The doc who performed the injection, do you see him in the office? From my experience it is quite an 'assembly line' the day of the injections, etc....no real time for too much chit-chat or complaining. Can you make an office apt. - i have made appt., when i felt that some stuff needed to be addressed.

I so understand wanting your life back...fortunately or unfortanely I am still working (own my own business and make my money off my labor) - and what helps me most is really trying to keep in mind the things I can do something about and letting myself know that there are some things I cannot control or do anything about. Like make the appt., write letters to my doctors....follow their instructions...do all that I can do that will help to ease my pain.

And know that you are needed by your family....sometimes, the whole family needs to make an adjustment due to someone's illness. It is just your turn to be the catalyst for the adjustment (as a mom - a tough place) - but it is workable. If this was my husband or one of my kids I wouldn't think twice about adjusting...i need to be that kind to myself.

I hope that your bad day doesn't last too long - all will be fine - patience seems to be the key - to ourselves and with the doctors

take care - pfm
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    As you can tell by the responses you have received so far, that dealing with chronic pain is no picnic and it can create tension with spouses and children.
    Much of this comes from within yourself. You know exactly what you want and what you want to give to your family. I believe that in general women have a have more natural instincts in wanting to provide for their family. I tip my hat to all of you. So, now that you feel you can not do everything, be everything, it frightens you. You think that because of your medical situation are you a failure? are you not providing what is necessary?
    So all of that will really add to the already stress levels that spinal patients deal with.
    I have no doubts that the medical side of your situation will be handled in time.. I know that these are only words, but medical situations like yours can and will be addressed.
    The emotional part is much harder. You may not want to communicate to your husband and children exactly how you are feeling, the pain, the worries, the fears. You think that you would become a burden.
    Things always have a way to work out....
    Stay positive, and firmly believe that all your medical problems will be resolved.
    Good luck and always remember that there are so many people on this site that are available to help in any way we can

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I'm so sorry yourr going through this. I know how frusterating it is when the doctors refuse to give us the proper treatment. I guess I would be looking for a new neurosurgeon or ortho doctor. Someone who will listen to you.
  • Thank you all for your support! I am sorry I did not respond sooner. I finally broke down. I went to may family doctor and told him everything. He Put me on Elavil for depression. They are going to send me for another MRI. This time it will be they are going to send me for an open MRI. They do believe that their is something that they are not seeing.

I did take a few days off work too! I feel better, but they medicine makes me feel zoned out a little.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm so glad you're finally getting help. I can understand your depression. I'm there and I get so mad at myself, then feel sorry for myself, then get mad at everyone else and on and on. I'm sure you understand. I hope that they can do something to help you. Take care and I hope the Elavil helps. Hope you're feeling better today.
  • You. I feel better today. This medicine makes me feel zoned out. I don't like that at all.