Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

symptom of sciatica?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
Starting this week I have been getting a crampy feeling in the bottom of my foot. Its right in front of where the heel of my foot is and it goes from side to side. I have a bulging disc on my S1 nerve root and have had sciatica, and ever since I had an ESI a month ago new symptoms keep popping up. I was just wondering if this feeling in my foot is related to the sciatica. Anyone else have this?

• I have a feeling in bottom of my foot reminds me of when your insole of your shoe slips. Like somethings in your shoe or stuck to foot if no shoes on. I also lose the feeling of both of my big toes on occasion and lose the feeling of left big toe everyday. My doctor today told me that is radiculopathy. From the sciatic nerve.
  • you have sciatica.have you seen a doctor recently? if not i would because if it get worse you will feel so bad words carnt express it!.it happen to me then one morning BANG !! it felt like some one had shot my leg off .within 24 hours i was on the operating table having a bilateral discectomy at S1
  • Hey,
    I noticed last night that I was having some tingling and warming sensations underneath my small and ring toes. This is new. Is it a bad sign? I had an l5-S1 discectomy on 3/2/09. Having some nerve pain but nothing as bad as pre-surgery. It does require strong meds to knock it down, but now I'm worried about the tingling. Any advice/information?
    Thank you.
  • Oh I already know how bad it can feel, about 6 months ago it was so bad that upon standing I would literally fall to my knees. It hasn't been that bad in a while. I go back to my neurosurgeon tomorrow to talk about surgery (discectomy and L5 S1 fusion). Ever since the steroid injection a month ago the sciatica now goes to my ankle (it used to stop at my knee/upper calf), last week I started getting burning sensations in my upper thigh and this week the crampy feeling in my foot started. I am leaning towards surgery but I won't have my decision made until after tomorrows appointment. My MRI was in Sept 08 and 2 weeks ago I got new x-rays from an ortho I went to for a second opinion. I am curious to see if its gotten any worse. I am no Dr. of course but on the MRI the disc btwn L5 and S1 was mostly black but still had height to it, the x-ray is showing hardly any height, especially compared to the other discs.
  • i have found that i have been ls ft with some permanent nerve damage since the operation i asked my surgeon and my own doctor and they both say that it will always be that way.the pain meds will take some but not all of the pain away .you may also find that swimming and other exercise {although good for you !} may make your pain worse for a few days after wards ..i also asked about this and was told that this is normal !! you carnt win that's why back pain is such a nightmare and forums like this are always busy
    i use my acticare to help with back and leg pain and in conjunction with the pain killers and a good recliner i can get comfortable .but never pain free.