Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New but not new

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in New Member Introductions
I am a 36 year old father of three and have been married to my wonderful wife for 17 years as of last Saturday. I am just posting my first message but I have been reading the forums for the last 6 months as a way of dealing with the effects of my pain. I had a posterior/anterior 3-disc (L4-L5-S1)fusion back in Feb 2004. I went thru the whole ordeal trying to avoid my fusion but nothing seemed to work. At the time, I lived in Anchorage, Alaska and the PM doc was a nice guy but he had me on so many different drugs that there is a 6-12 month period after my surgery that I don't remember a whole lot. To make a long story short, my family and I moved back home to Oklahoma in 2004. For the last 2 years, the pain has started to get worse. I have been seing a PM doctor for almost a year now and he seems to know what he is doing.

I just went thru the SCS trial but they were unable to get any relief in my lower back. 90 percent of my pain is in my lower back. They implanted 3 leads (one for each leg and one just under the skin in my lower back.) The lead in my lower back had to be clipped because it felt like it was burning me when I turned it on. The doctor and the ANS guy said that it was due to the excess scar tissue. They were unable to adjust the program to give me any type of lower back relief so I will not have the permanent SCS put in. This really bummed me out. I am supposed to go see a nuerologist some time next month because the PM thinks that my L3 may have ruptured which would be the cause of the increased pain that I am been experiencing. I am currently on methadone 10mg/3 x day, Lyrica 75mg / 2 x day, Baclogen 10 mg / 3 x day.

I want to thank everyone for all the useful information that I have read over the course of the last 6-9 months.

• Well, you finally stopped peeking over the fence and walked right into the yard. :-)

I just wanted to say welcome to Spine-Health. As you must know by now after visiting for so long, you've come to the right place for support, encouragement and friendship. This site houses some of the nicest people and we're all in the same spiney boat.

Again, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay. (Geez, am I feeling corny today or what?)

• I liked your anology, it made me laugh. I am glad that I took the leap. I hope that I too can help someone out who is looking for answers like I was and still am.

Nice to meet you Cath

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you decided to drop by!!!! :D you will make lots of friends and i look forward to reading your posts!! i am sorry your surgery did not go well and you are having so many problems finding pain relief!! ~X( it can be so defeating at times and the forum is a good place to stop by. good luck and i hope you find pain relief soon! :D Jenny :)