Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

nerve pain*%$#@#

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671

i had a micodisectomy on aug-08.my back feels fine, exept
my right buttcheek is always tensed up and i get a burning pain down the back of my leg to my knee.(also numbness on the outside of my right foot) i can't drive very far without it starting to ache and then it keeps getting more intense every time i get up and sit down.it also feels like someone is poking me in the top of my right hip from the back and i'm feeling it clear through the frount.
i have been going to pt for 2 1/2 months and taking pain meds for 9 months (i'm tired of it)
pt seems to help until i try to get active.
when will the nerve pain go away???

someone please help!!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    you should be seeing more positives then negatives.
    I wasnt sure about something you said. You mentioned you have just been through 2 1/2 months of Physical Therapy.
    Perhaps I read it wrong, unless this is your second or third time around with PT. Normally 6 to 8 weeks after surgery, you would start PT.
    Some of the symptoms you describe sound like sciatica.
    I would check back with your doctor regarding this different pain.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I agree nerve pain *%$#@#, I had my fusion in 8/08. I have a constant burn and low tingle from hip to toe. I scare my children half to death when I get that sharp acute jolt, because at times it actually causes a yell, or a sharp curse word. I am in tears when I drive or sit, even in the recliner anymore. I do alot of deep breathing!

All my doctor will tell me is give it time. I have been told that the nerve will heal very little each month, but really things should be getting better and not worse. It is just so hard to gauge since it seems like it takes forever.

What does your doctor say about the continued nerve pain? I hope you get it figured out soon.

Take Care,