Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What an awful day

WramblerWWrambler Posts: 1,588
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Matters of the Heart
How many times have you thought those words?

I have been in increased pain due to the weather for 3 days now. All I can think is, why can't it stop for just a little while?

I told my boss on Tuesday, I will be leaving early today, there is weather coming in. I don't know what is coming but it hurts. Often times once the weather gets here the pain subsides. But, not this time :( I feel like a giant carving board of sliced shoulder....

So, How many others are here thinking the subject line?
I have to go see Dr. Shrink now, then I'm going home to dive into my bottle of Norco. I'll check back later.

Part Two:

Dr. Shrink understands my stress about my upcoming surgery and even the stress of waiting to find out if I can get insurance approval... So, I now have a perscription for Ambien, I am so grateful to have a doctor that has back pain himself. He gets all of this, he is happy I am on track for an SCS. My parting words today to him were, "Thank you, hopefully when I see you in August I will have some fresh scars and less pain" Is that sad or strange? I am so much in pain today I would honestly cancel the trip to Florida in a heartbeat if I could have surgery for the SCS in stead. Today is one of those days when you wish the hurting part would go away.

Somedays I think the rain is made of razorblades.

• I'm sorry that you had a bad day Wrambler. If it makes you feel any better I had a pretty crappy one myself LOL! I got my first massage today since my surgery. I was hoping that it would get rid of the steel cables that have taken place in my neck instead of the muscles that used to be there. Instead it increased the nerve pain in my arm (and I didn't think that was possible) by about double. Add to that my mother decided to have one of her dementia laden fits and it ended up being a fine day indeed....not.

All we can do is hope for a better tomorrow. It's all going to blend in as I can't sleep anyway.

Yes, I agree, rain IS made of razorblades.

I hope it gets better and that August comes around quickly for you. The SCS is something I dream about, especially on days like this, and I'm always happy to see someone have the opprotunity for a life with less pain.

Hang in there,