Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

mrs pmmrs p Posts: 230
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
well hello to all yet again!!
week 12 and im still here im so proud of myself!!
and i have lost 1kg(2.2lb) isnt that just wonderful....so i defo think that coming of the lyrica has worked for me.
this has defo gave me the boost i needed.
i cant wait to have the confidence to post a before and after pic thats my goal now......and the way things are going for me im pleased to say it will be sooner rather than later!!
i hope more off you post this week as the summer is approaching and we all need to get those bodies into some sort off shape.
this thread is for US!!!! so come on guys start supporting each other an get typing after all so many were full of encouragement at the begining....but where did you all go???
i need yous!!!.....an you need me too!!
sso instead of just reading this get yourselves motivated again and jump back in......PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!......after all it is for the sake off your health that you joined this thread in the begining!!!!

• i re-lost the two pounds i've been toying with the past few weeks, and this time i hope they'll stay away!!!!

amazing what a shift in meds will do for ya huh? i like this better than surgery (Bariatric) by far...2 pounds a week, no additional surgery, no lifetime of vitamin supplements... :jawdrop: ...slow, easy, more natural...

...but still, almost 20 pounds lighter, and still hurt more than ever?!?! ~X( :''(

i know it's still early, but i still think the dr is looking at my weight loss as my personal "magic bullet", and I know in my heart, that it won't be...

lets continue on, and fight this weight!
    ....we shall overcome!...lol
  • Congrats on the weight loss Paula and Dawn!

I've personally given up weighing myself because I don't think my scale is right. It fluctuates, so now I'm just focusing on the way I feel about myself and how I look.

Starting the middle of last week, I've been cutting out all the crap: cookies, chocolate, cake, etc. I also am trying to do at least 2 miles on the stationary bike every other day, which hurts like hell when I'm done, but I feel better about myself getting some exercise in. Eventually I want to start doing some sort of light-duty upper body pilates with the bands, but until I sort out what is going on with possible MS dx and figuring out what to do about the reherniation, I don't want to push myself too far.

That being said, if another surgery is a possibility, I want to get myself in shape so I don't waste away during recovery.

Anyway, I hope you all are keeping up with your diets! Some post, whether you lost or gained. We're here to keep you motivated!!!!
  • I have been being careful what I eat, cut out chocolate--what a sacrifice! I joined the gym and do 15 minutes on treadmill, 20 minutes on bike, about 30-40 minutes of strengthening exercises, all of this every time I go. Granted I don't go 5 times a week like I should, but I go as often as I feel I can without causing more spasming, etc. Believe me, walking on a treadmill is very difficult for 1 minute, let along 15. Good thing there are rails to hold onto!

I went off of lyrica because of weight gain. I was thinking today's weigh in would be something I would be jumping up and down over (if I could, lol). NOT!!!! I am back to my original weight. What the heck? I don't get it. And I am so discouraged.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Neck of Steel,i was able to lost 15 pounds despite being on the Lyrica. =D> it has taken a long time and been quite a struggle. good luck as you try to lost without it.. don't give up either way! :? this is a new week and a new chance to lose! :D Jenny :)
  • Thank you for the encouragement. I am now off of the Lyrica, so I really thought I would have lost over the past month. I won't give up, but it makes it hard to keep pushing myself to work so hard. That and the additional pain it causes. It seems like no matter how easy I take it at the gym, I always end up with increased spasming and land myself down for a couple of days. but where there's a will there's a way. Nice to hear from you Jenny.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I've gained weight. I know it's the steroid injections and lyrica. I eat normal sized dinner and bowl of oatmeal with splenda and one PB&Jam sandwich with half glass milk and yogort. No other junk food. No ice cream nothing. I do my bike everyday. I'm glad most here are losing weight when I get there again I'll post. Spring is coming and I'll do more walking. Maybe then I'll start to lose. Good luck everyone. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hello and thank you to all who have posted as i said we need each other here and im so glad to see some familiar names appear back on the thread.
    but hey look!!....so far we have had 44 reads off the thread so come get typing and stop lurking its all for you own good!!!

LOVE P
  • the lst time i was on here i weighed 205 lbs and a waist about 36 inches. and only standing 5ft 6in not a pretty sight. ive been working out daily like i used to and now im down to 185lbs and a 31 waist so im back to where i was. i just got the wii fit the last few weeks so ive been doing those excersises. dont plan to gain the weight back for a while. i tend to snack on the weekends still . gotta be normal once in a while. take care!!
This discussion has been closed.