Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help with SSD

cyndi4everccyndi4ever Posts: 153
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well as I suppected I got denied for my SS. I just want to give up, its just rediculous. My husband is ready to kill someone because of all of this. I guess I need to get a lawyer now, Im just sick about it.. Has any one dealt with Binder and binder or what has worked for you,. Please help me feel better about all of this. My doc has me permently disabled in his books, but who know what got sent to ss from there, Cyndi

I hurt so much right now that I cant even finish what I am writing be back later

• Hi girl, I am sorry that things aren't going well. We actually got our congressman involved in my husbands ssd case. We called, and wrote to him to help us. Are you in a case where you are in financial trouble? Where do you live? Maybe I can help you find what you need to get some help. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • we live in gloucester Mass,
  • most have said they've gotten denied the first time. The only real experience I have with SSD was my mother filed back in her 50's for her knees were bone and bone. She was denied and got a local lawyer, who charged a percentage of her back pay from the date she filed, but she had to go through a disability test and then she was approved. She has arthritis very badly and couldn't walk and her hands were swollen and unusable.

Do not give up!!! Get a local lawyer (I wouldn't trust B&B just due to the fact that they are advertising on TV which costs millions of dollars, so their fees have to be more than the local guy. But you can check them out if you wish.

If your doctor has you labeled that way, that's half or more than half the battle to get SSD. Push on!!!! Good luck
  • Contact the Massachusetts Bar Association they have a web site you can search for an attorney that specializes in SSD cases. I live in Mass too but I don't know a good attorney sorry!!
  • I found a firm in Beverly. They have already started the appeal for me. She seemed very nice and will work to get payed after I win. She was very caring and called me at 6 pm tonight to talk to me and let me know she would represent me and I would not have to go through the weekend all upset. They went over alot of the logistics with me. I feel much better knowing this. I am not going to give up, I know in my heart that I can not give up. For the past week or so, I have had pain that is in the 9-10 range, a weird sort of pain. I see my surgeon in 2 weeks, if It keeps up like this I may have to call earlier, Thank you all for being here. Cyndi
  • Hang in there cindy from everyone I have talked to or read it is a very long process. It seems it is easier to deny than check the medical facts. I was wondering if the neck was the issue you were filing on or if you have other medical issues as well? I just recently started the process and am sure the same will happen to me as well. Good luck and keep us posted on how you do.