Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 days post op

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
ok i did it!
I am home now, only in the hospital one night Gotta say the pain was a new sensation when I woke up but I feel so much better now with the exception of the reaction I had to the adhesive they put on my neck. I have the lump in my throat most people talk about and some pain in my shoulders. I am in a soft collar. Can't sleep at the moment but oh well.

Oh yeah, ACDF C4 to C7

gotta go lay down now. Update later

• Aw,Bless you-I'm glad that you're home and seem to be in good spirits.I hope that you have a speedy recovery..and not a lot of pain :)))
  • I hope you heal asap, keep us posted
  • Hiya Melswartz, welcome home. I'm glad to hear that the surgery is behind you and the healing can begin. It's such a wonderful feeling being back home and knowing it's over, isn't it?

It won't be long before you start measuring your successes with each little thing you're able to do - taking a shower by yourself, taking that first walk, driving, etc. I'm very happy for you.

Take care, follow docs orders and let the healing begin!
  • Hi Mel,

Good to hear it is all over and your home. Just be careful now and take it easy. You may think your feeling really well somedays and then the next the pain sets in. So take it easy and follow all your doctors orders. Before you know it you will be back doing almost all of the things you enjoy. Take care and keep us posted on your recovery.
  • Glad to hear that your feeling well and doing OK. I can just reiterate what everyone has said take it easy and don't do too much. I did too much in the beginning I had the same surgery you did and was working part time at home after two weeks that was way too soon....almost 11 weeks post op I now work about 6-7 hours a day at home. Hope to go back to full time soon. From what I have been reading it looks like the 3 month mark is about when people start to get back to normal....I am almost feeling normal again!
  • Happy to hear that you're home & doing ok. Keep us posted on your recovery. I have to be at the hospital Monday at 7:15, surgery scheduled at 9:15. Can't wait to get it over with & be able to post that I'm home again! Take care.
  • That's good you're home and surgery went well. I hope you're able to sleep soon. I wish you a speedy recovery take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Listen to what everyone is telling you to take it easy at first. I tend to be rather hard headed as my Mom used to tell me, and 4 days after having ACDF C5-C7 last May, I was out driving a tractor in our garden. (Miami J collar and all) Needless to say I paid for it the next several days. My surgeon wasn't too happy either when my wife told him. Good luck, it'll be uphill from here day by day.
  • Meant to say it'll be DOWNHILL from here!!
  • Good healing to you! Do the best you can to stick to the doc's guidelines even if you feel like you can do more. Nothing is worse than feeling good and being stuck doing nothing but, inthe end, it'll be worth it to give your body the time to heal properly.

Just look at this time as an opprotunity to be waited on and pampered. When you're healed no one's going to give you that luxury again LOL!

Keep up the good work,
  • Well, I have been walking a little and had a bunch of visitors this weekend. Today all I did was sleep and watch tv, mostly sleep though. The new thing is I sound so wierd now. The more I lay down, the wierder I sound. It has been kind of funny to be honest.
    I am having some pain on the front of my neck like something is pulling hard on the skin but otherwise doing ok. I am trying to get off the oxycodone but still end up taking it at least twice during the day and twice at night. It's all good. I can honestly say at this point no regrets.

I can't thank everyone enough for all their support. It made going into surgery so much easier as I felt like I had information and support to ease the fear.

Ya'll be good. I'll be back! :)

• I am so glad that you are back and you are doing well. Hopefully after you fully recover you can go back to doing the things that you were not able to do because of your disease. I was wondering about you! If you need anything, PM me!

Take it easy! >:D< :H