Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back to work I go...

TatiyanaTTatiyana Posts: 194
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, this was my first week back to work & I am feeling it! I really don't feel like I am ready. My OS only wanted to release me for 4 hrs a day but my supervisor wouldn't approve that..SOooo, in order to secure my job I asked him to lift the hour restrictions.

I am at 3 months post ALIF and have virtually no nerve pain (yeah!!!) but am still dealing with some pain around the fusion area.
I hope that gets better soon, but it seems to be at a plateau :S

I would be interested in hearing from others at the 3 month mark & how things are going..back to work, pain, etc...

• Good luck to you & hope you get stronger every day!!

Hugs, Janis
  • I will be at the 3 month mark in three weeks. Hopefully then
    I will be able to go back to work. Staying home is making
    me crazy. I have a great boss that misses me and is
    more than willing to allow me to come back even if it is
    for four hours a day. He even said that last week when I
    turned in my time sheet. It will be interesting for me in
    that I am an animal control officer and the doctor told me
    my days of lifting and struggling with any dog over about
    44 pounds are pretty much over. But there is a ton of
    paperwork waiting for me when I do go back that I am told
    will take a couple of months to work on.
    My nerve pain is almost gone. Every now and then I will get
    a shot of pain but overall the Neurotin is taking care of
    that. If I overdo it I definitely pay for it the rest of the day and have to pretty much stay in bed the next day to
    recover. Like my sister told me one day, slow and steady
    gets you there safely. If it wasn't for the brace my husband would probably go back to work himself. He has been great staying home to care for me. Brenda