Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

fibro-chest pain

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 969
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Fibromyalgia
Has anyone experienced chest pain with the fibromyalgia???? I have got anti-acids and also had an ECG with was clear.
I would appreciate any in put !! Thankyou in advance!!

Angie xx

• Angie~
    YES I have chest pain with my fibro! It doesn't feel like a heartburn kind of pain, for me. It mostly feels like I got hit with something in the chest and makes my sternum hurt and into my ribs. I even have a hard time breathing sometimes. It feels like I can't get a good deep breath without making a conscious effort to do it. At times, my breasts ache too, like they are engorged with milk (like it did after I had a baby). If I take 600-800 mgs of ibuprofen, it seems to ease it up a bit for me.
    I'm really sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I hope you get to feeling better soon...

• I have been having chest pains,(i had terrible heartburn when i was pregnant with my daughter, and no way does it feel like that at all) this is gonna sound like ive gone potty, buta glass of ice cold water eases it a little, the colder the better, ive also got flu like symtoms without flu, and an infection in my right foot, where i have lost normal function.

Angie x
  • Hi,

I have experienced and still do the issue of chest pain especially in the sternum and ribs with pains at the back. I suffer from hypermobility which is similar to fibro and some say they are inter connected. I find i go through bouts of when the chest hurts and i experience alot of clicking and cracking when i expand the chest.

you are not alone!
  • Hi,

I have experienced and still do the issue of chest pain especially in the sternum and ribs with pains at the back. I suffer from hypermobility which is similar to fibro and some say they are inter connected. I find i go through bouts of when the chest hurts and i experience alot of clicking and cracking when i expand the chest.

you are not alone!
  • Thankyou >:D< >:D< i needed tohear that right at this time >:D<

Angie :H
  • I was just looking through your history and I must say you, like the rest of us here have been through a lot.
    I don't know a lot about fibromialgia but I can tell you back problems can definitely cause pain in your chest. And it's so frustrating and scary to experience chest pain. The good thing is your heart is in great shape! If you're like me you're left wondering what's causing the pain. for 40 years now i have experienced severe chest pain. initially i thought i wasn't long for this world. I found also that the more i exercised the worse it got. many cardio test showed my heart to be healthy. somehow pain seems in some people to travel from the spine to the chest. my pain isn't the same all the time. sometimes it's a steady ache. sometimes it shoots up to my chin or shoulder. sometimes it runs down my whole left side into my left leg. nerves are strange. they have a mind of their own. i found light repetitive stretching a help. the dr.s aren't going to solve it. youre going to have to play with it yourself and hopefully it will go away . just know that i truely hope it eases off and you can feel some peace and tranquility. >:D< >:D< >:D<
    best of luck.....pete

• hiya >:D< Thankyou for your reply , nope my heart showed to be healthy after having an ECG :D , the only thing wrong with it , that its broken :( Wow 40yrs is a long time, how long have you been suffering the back pain? >:D< the same amount of time! :?

Angie >:D< :H
  • i've had a few broken hearts too. but usually it recovers in a week. boy, wouldn't it be great for the pain from the spine to go away in a week! Yup...40 years of pain. you probably haven't had 40 years of living.
    my pains started after a few sports injuries. then stinosis and arthritis settled into my spine. then it was all down hill (and i was a skier} :))(
    I've had so many surgeries the surgeons have told me to take a hike. {wish i could}
    anyway I'm an ocean away but i feel your pain.
    i too have had my crying days but i must say the dog gone painkillers can make you cry. my theory is no narcotics and be happy with what you have instead of being unhappy with what you lost.
    hang in there angie. even with all the pain there's a bit of happiness ahead.
    i truely wish you some good luck....
  • Hiya :D Thankyou for your reply, that has lifted my spirits up >:D< Thankyou . No i havnt had 40 years of living ive had nearly 42 :) Pete you have been through it >:D< , My GP (family doctor) has said theres nothing he can do for me :S , the surgeon that operated on me :B , said theres nothing they can do until my legs or back give way :SS . So i am going to see a surgeon at the orthopedic hospital :? , so i have to wait and see what he says :? , the appointment is on the 2nd july. If they say theres nothing that can be done about my back then i will take there word for it as they are very, very good there and i am very lucky to have the oppurtunity to see this surgeon :) . My doctor wants me to have another opinion about my knee to, as he says i need a new knee :O .

Angie :H
  • we are so much the same back wise anyway. certainly not age wise as i am 67 yrs. young.
    i missed seeing your posts yesterday. hope the day wasn't too bad. our dates to see dr. are side by side. yours is the 2nd and i'm the 3rd. I'm meeting with NS about spinal stimulator. Boy i am so messing up my typing. somehow i have managed to post two incomplete postings.
    it's never easy is it.
    i used to love skiing . i would survey the hill, take off and speed away. It's funny but now when i am on top of a stair case and i'm balancing myself on crutches i still get that good feeling about making it down the hill. it's more challenging now. life will always have it's challenges.
    well i'm typing so badly i think i'll go burn some eggs. i'll finish this post when i have a few cups of coffee and the hands are are steady! O:) O:) O:) O:)
  • i messed this up and don't know how to kill it!!!!
  • I've also experienced chest pains, sometimes so severe I was tempted to go to the ER and crying like a baby in the fetal position. Usually when it happens I also have a terrible pain in my thoracic area, so I know it's back related. My doctor told me it could also be costochondritis, which is something I really don't want. Luckily I haven't had one of the bad episodes in a while, but I do get small pains a lot mostly around my sternum area. I saw someone mention breast pain. I get that too, on the sides. They feel very sore to the touch and kind of knotty when it happens. I've been dealing with that for the past 3-4 days actually, but I have no idea what's causing it except fibro which I've been told I probably have as well. Just so you know you're not alone. :)