Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to site, But no stranger to cronic back issues

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi Everyone. My name is Vicki. Im 38 yrs. old and from Westerly,RI. I am currently suffering from the following:

1)centeral spinal stenosis.
2)degenerative disc disease.
3)severe nerve root pain.

I have had 2 surgical procedures already:(In: 2000 & 2002)

1) discectomy and 2)radical laminectomy(fusion w/hardware)

After a good year and a half of recovery I was doing great.I went off all pain medications and was living rather normally. Oh sure, I had the occasional flare ups that came from just plain old "over doing it." But WHO dosent?? For me, my nightmare was over ....or so i thought!!!

About 8 months ago , I started feeling low back pain and just some slight pain in my buttocks.Gradually my pain went from my buttocks to my knees then right down to my feet. NOT just one leg but both.I was having what I can only describe as the worst cramping imaginable.I found myself locked up in agony. My regular primary care doctor said it was time for a MRI.I didnt need any test to tell me what I already knew ....SOMETHINGS WRONG..
The results came in and I was told I had a herniated disc at my L4-5 and also had severe centeral spinal stenosis. I was refered back to my neurosurgeon{Dr. Curtis Doberstien}

WELL, I met with my Dr. and here I am 4 DAYS AWAY FROM MY 3RD SPINAL SURGERY!!! Im having a Laminectomy at L4-5 W/ hardware and having the hardware at my L5/S1 removed(its no longer needed)
As scared as I am of another spinal surgery it better than the pain im in now my legs are in constant pain , Im currently taking Percocet 10/650 with no relief. Anyone with any advice ect. Id love to hear from someone who understands. :''(

• Hi my name is wende i am in buffalo ny. I feel terrible that you are in this much pain. I also have some lumbar issues. I am seeing the neurosurgeon on april 8th. I was supposed to have a microdiscectomy last august but, I was scared. Now I am just tired of having problems.
    Welcome to the site there are lots of great people here.