Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

left side pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Pain Management
hi i have being having bad pain in my left shoulder and shoulder blade also in my left armpit and chest and down my ribs ive being to my doc and had an x-ray which was clear i have this pain 8months now and my doc reckons its muscle pain

• Have you had an MRI? After all this time your Dr needs to order it for you. Are you taking muscle relaxants? Do you remember when the pain started? After lifting or reaching? I hope they order another test for you and find out what's going on. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • That could be muscle pain, could be neck problems from where the nerves exit the spine too. I'd ask for more complete testing such as an MRI. Did you have an accident or other specific incident that led up to this?

That could also be a sign of Thoracic outlet syndrome, but there are a lot of things that could be causing this type pain.

You can see what nerves travel where by searching online for a Dermatome chart. It will lead you to at least see where the nerves that go to specific areas come from.

Welcome to the forums!
  • hi sherry thanks 4 ur reply im in a lot of pain today the pain is starting to travel to my neck and face left side i havnt had an mri and the doc hasnt mentioned one im also waiting for an app to see a physio which my doc made 3 months ago.i have tried a million things for the pain like r.i.c.e hot and cold therapy loads of pain killers and creams and excrsise with no relief my doc put me on arthrotec 75mg 4 days ago some days i do be fine and other days its hell id love to even just know what this is :??
  • hi thanks for ur reply the pain is bad today its also in my neck and face left side the doc has put me on arthrotec 75mg 4 days ago
  • :)))hi i forgot to mention i was making a bed one day then i got kike a knot in my chesr i cudnt breathe i was brought to hostipal they said i pulled a muscle and ive being havin this pain since
  • hi was just wondering has or is anybody ever being on arthrotec 75mg tablets my doc has put me on them but the leaflet about side affects is putting me off taking them any answers will be great