Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

knee pain and back history

MagnumtagemMMagnumtagem Posts: 76
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Chronic Pain
Im new here but ive dealt with back problems all my life.Alittle history when i was a kid my knees would hurt so bad i would cry myself to sleep as my mom and dad took turn rubing my knees. (growing pains?) well i did go to a doc and had all kinds of xrays nothing showed up but in my teen yrs i had both in imobilizers due to varios med injuries usually unknown what the real problem was. In my early 20s my back hurt abbout every minute of everyday so. Any way i had a mircro done on l5-s1 due to a herniation of disk severe foot drop and siatic pain. 5 months later my knees are realy starting to hurt reminds me of when i was a kid. Is it the added focus on bending at knees or is it sometyhing all together different. So what would or could cause this pain over use, fibermialga was suggested. Any ideas where i should start to look if it dooesnt get better or gets worse. I have a problem aprouching docs with stuff because none would believe the pain i was in in my early 20s and one even out and out said all you want is drugs, I told him if he had a f---- magic wand to wave it and at that point i walked out and told him he was an a-- and would never see me again. He had been my doc since i was a kid, and i had never been on pain meds. Has any one else experinced these or similar problems? Hve a good one and thanks for any input.

• My right knee feel like it is going to pop.My micro was on left side couldthe compensation for weakness cause this. Not this agian. I do rember when i was like 16 haveing to tape my knee cap inplace anddo physical therapy. I hope that aint the case.
  • My problem is that my knee feels like its going to explode after I have been standing or walking around. I spoke to my pcp about this and her response was "referred" pain but its not a pain its like pressure is building up behind it and in front. Like the next step I take its gonna shoot off across the room. I was talking to another person who is a good friend of mine and her boyfriend is/was having the same issue in both knees. And I did have the NS physicians assistant validate that it's possible to feel referred pain. But, I stressed to her its not pain. The only leg pain I feel is behind my left thigh like something is trying to scratch its way out. Thats the best way i can describe that. And the buttocks pain which I always have on the left side and sometimes its on the right side. Feels like somethign is stabbing me in the butt cheek with a hot poker and it stretches that pain into part of my thigh.

• I've had knee pain the past month and I haven't had any surgery. I went for a knee xray and it's mild arthritic changes. I was also supposed to go for a knee ultrasound. Have you iced your knee and tried heat? What did your surgeon say and have you had a repeat MRI since surgery? you would think they would add an MRI for your knees to see what's going on. My husband had fluid build up on the knee and he had to get it drained and then had arthroscopic surgery which the Ortho just cleaned out the bursitis. I use a cane to keep the pressure of my knee which is referred pain from my herniated disc. I hope you see your Surgeon and get some tests done on your knee and see if they can help you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • have never thought of an MRI maybe ill suggest that to doc. I have not seen my surgeon as he said i was doing great the last time he saw me. I still am i have always had some knee pain and had to do pt on knee and tape knee caps in place for awhile in my late teens. If it gets worse ill see a doc thanks for the advice
This discussion has been closed.