Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to this ?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in New Member Introductions
I am new to this kind of thing?
I live in the UK,I have 2 herniated discs (L5 /S1 annular tear etc)in 2000 which resulted in countless physio etc plus a laminotomy, all was ok usual pain etc but maneageable had to change my life accordingly, 2006 another 2 epidurals that didn't work last resort laminotomy, again all ok for a short while until childbirth, had a c-section and since then (18 months ago) have had on and off problems to the point of not able to walk usual stuff, also doped up the eye balls,further epidural for pain has not helped...cut a long story short i visited an Orthopaedic Surgeon last week who asked"why are you here, you know there is not much that can be done but pilates?" Having a 2nd opinion on Friday (paying privately to see a Neuro Surgeon)
I think the reason i am writing in this forum is to ask if anyone else has this issue/problem, and is there anything that can be done? I am 35 and was told by the Ortho' last week that this is to be expected of women my age after childbirth who have this issue with their backs??? I have a very active beautiful 18 month old Daughter who i want to play with and take on days out!
Anyway i feel as though i am moaning which was not my intention.
Hope to hear from someone soon

• Welcome to Spine-Health. From what you said, I'm really glad you're getting a second opinion from a NS. The OS you saw sounds like an idiot, but that just my humble opinion. Please let us know what the NS says.

Again, welcome, and you've come to the right place to vent, get support and talk with people who know what you're going through.

• i am also from the uk and have had 2 back operations .it you want advice you have come to the right place i and my many friends on here are happy to help
    {i am in manchester where are you?}
  • Hi Thanks for you're Replies,
    Seems i have scar Tissue that is pinching the nerve and my discs are very worn, apparently not much can be done surgery wise which is good as i have my Daughter to care for so Surgery is out of the question, having to go Private as the NHS have been useless, Although the Neuro guy i saw at least was patient with me more simpathetic and at least took the time to explain things! My Scans have been sent off to be looked at more closely just in case and i am awaiting an appointment to visit a pain clinic also Private as the one i visited at the NHS locally was as useful as a chocolate tea pot!!!!
    I have bought myself a book to try and get this sorted myself which so far has helped mentally as i know there are people out there MUCH worse off than myself and has given me some tips and advice that i think over the years i have just either forgotten or have been slack in ignoring.
    I have a great Husband who is so supportive and is willing to do whatever it takes to help.
    I am in Hitchin, North Herts?
  • I understand the pain of L5-S1 but I haven't had surgery yet. I hope your Neuro gives you some direction to help you out. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I welcome you, and I also have problems with l5 s1. You just need to keep on searching for someone to listen to you!!!! It is hard, but it will pay off.