Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please help

iowarobiniiowarobin Posts: 1,268
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am almost 4 months post op 2 level diskectomy and PLIF. I had a almost 8 hour surgery(not sure why) and had suffered with 3 torn discs for 2 1/2 years. Anyway. I have had alot of post surgery pain and have tried to cut down on my pain meds and most recently went from 75 to 50 mg fentanyl patches with oxycodone 15-30 every 4 hours for break through pain. Had been doing pretty well with that until last week, On Tuesday, I started hurtin in my right hip area. It kept getting worse and Wed night about 4 am I had the worse hip pain I have had since surgery. I called Dr on Thurs and although he was in surgery, his nurse told him of my increased pain and then called me and told me to go pick up a medrol steroid pack. Didnt get any real answers as to why, so I just thought OK he knows whats expected.

Now 5 days later, and after laying around for 3 days, I feel some better, no extreme pain. But more pain than have been used to. I am ok laying around, but if I get active it gets much worse. I think the steroids should have done more. My Dr is 2 hours away, so I dont feel I can just run there. My last Xray was fine. Insraments still ok. what do you think? Talked to nurse this am and ordered pain script and told her it was better, but not a ton. Do I keep waiting or call again and see what I should do. I am not a pansy, just tired of pain and dont want to call with every little thing.

• there is nothing wrong with trying to sort things out as quickly as possible, theres nothing pansy like about it, your in pain !!! Have you done anything to agrivate the situation or are you still sticking to your post op regime as given to you?? db
  • I have done anything really different. Gonna give it another day to see. Might have twisted or something and not really known. It just gets sooo ooollllddd. And I am only not 4 months yet. Wish it was better. Dont think I really did anything to it. I think I would have felt something right away if I did something that drastic? :?