Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

low back pain after cervical disc replacement.

teddibtteddib Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Has anyone had low back pain after cervical disc replacement???
I had C 5-6 disc replacement (ADR)6 weeks ago. My recovery was going well until I tried to resume some more strenuous work and my low back went out. It feels like nerve pain.

• Long has the pain been there?

A pulled muscle can hurt really bad too in your lower back.
    Do you feel in knots?
    Have you been to the doctor?

Welcome also!
  • Only mine felt more like pressure. I had to lay down and get the weight of my shoulders and neck off of my back to make it go away. I also used lots and lots of heat. Still do as a matter of fact. I found out after my cervical surgery that I have 3 herniated discs in my back so that could be contributing to the pain. Have you told your doctor about this?
  • Pressure is a good description...like something from the ceiling is pressing me to the floor via upper snf lower back. I have tried heat, and it does help. I did tell the doc and an xray showed nothing. God bless you tonya42.
  • when my lower back went out on me this time thats exactly what i felt alot of pressure at first then just a lot of pain.So bad i couldn't stand up straight. Still having pain in my lower back and hip region and its been over two weeks since i hurt it.