Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

microdiscectomy done august 2008

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi forum ,just want to say that i had my micro-d done last august , i now feel 99 % better ,
ive had no complications , and only occasionaly feel a v slight twinge here and there.
my biggest problem post op was getting off the morphine , took me till january 09, from 90 ml a day down to 5ml ,
now 2 months and dobt even think about it,
i was so scared about having the op after learning about all the possible side effects but i was lucky i suppose.
i completely understand and sympathise with fellow sufferers,
but just focus on getting the right advice and treatment,

good luck to you all

• At What level did ya have the micro done on mine was l5-s1 I to feel great still weak and probly always will be on left side and tingling in foot and legg but i feel VERY FORTUNATE after reading some of the other stories people have on here.I cannt believe they gave you morphine they gave me 15 lortabs and that was all the pain meds i had post op.I took them at night to sleep other then that i took alieve and ice duing the day.

Great to hear some success stories.
  • Yeh good it hear it too. That seems like a lot of morphine, but it's good that you broke off reliance on it.

Like magnum mine was l5-s1 last week. Am also only on painkillers for sleep, am still feeling the sciatic pain strongly - can accept some in the long term but hopefully the nerve will at least heal a little
  • Thanks for sharing your success story on here. We all need more of that and it's hard to know how successful spine surgery is when most people who are better now aren't on here discussing it. That's understandable, but we NEED the balance of good stories too. :)

A lot of people are in pain on here and I really appreciate your story. I'm certain they do as well. I hope you never have any more issues. Be good to your back!

Thank you again!

• Yeh exactly. My surgeon told me there's a 90-95% chance of success (perhaps with some residual pain) with about 10% chance of re-herniation. After reading a lot of the posts on this site it is hard to believe that, but obviously this site is focussed on when things don't go completely right

Thanks for posting too
  • I reread your post,...and is that correct that you were on morphine for around 5 months?

Man,...I only take 2 Percocet a day and currently some prednisone. maybe I'm not dulling the typical pain ENOUGH and as a result am thinking something isn't healing right. Hmmmm.....
  • Was there a complication?
  • Still curious. Please reply.