Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The pain is not fun what cuold I was to help

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had surgery one year ago the pain in my neck, now I get migraines how can I get the Doctor to give the right med ? what would help me?

• Hi and welcome to spine-health. Look around and use the search function at the top of the page. There are a lot of threads written on migraines as well as some very useful articles as well. You will need to work a plan out with your doctor. Have you tried journaling your migraines and what types of foods and things you have done that day. What type of surgery did you have a year ago? What type of doctor are you seeing for the migraines as well? What type of meds are you currently taking? Anyway welcome to spine-health and let us know how you do at your next doc appointment. Remember members here can't offer up medical advise but rather only speak from personal experience.
  • I am treated for migraines through my neurologist, and I have a daily pill to stop them from starting, and another pill to take once I get one. I have found that after being on the same meds, you seem to build a tolerance and recently my Dr has switched me to two other kinds of medication. If you currently don't take prescribed meds, I suggest you see a Dr to help you. I can TRULY understand your pain!
    Until you can see a doc I have found ice packs helpful, as well as Excedrin Migraine, if you catch it early enough.
    Good luck,
  • I get frequent migraines and I take migraine medicine. They give me Maxalt and it is in the triptan family of drugs. It works really well for me and I experience no side effects from them. They also use drugs like Topamax for migraine prevention. I would keep a journal of your migraines and bring that journal in at your next appointment. I see my regular doctor for my migraines.
  • I have only had one migraine in my entire life - it was about 25 years ago and I can remember it like it was yesterday. My heart goes out to all of you who have them regularly - it's one of the worst things I've ever experienced.

Hugs to you guys.
  • I was on Topamax for almost 2 years, along with Zomig. It worked well for awhile, until recently. that is why I mentioned that it seems that your body gets immune to the drug. I wish I could still be on Topamax, because this new one I'm on called Depakote makes me gain weight! Topamax makes you lose it. Well, whatever your Dr decides, being on medication is the best route in treating migraines.