Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HI Everyone

Lad78LLad78 Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in New Member Introductions
HI Everyone!

I had cervical surgery in 2007 and am now experiencing trouble with a lumbar herniated disk. I haven't been able to do much in the last couple days and decided to try this site and see what words of wisdom I may find that could help.
I was diagnosed with the herniated disk in 2007 and other than some sciatica flare ups haven't had any significant issues. But lately it hurts when I sit - hurts when I walk and forget about trying to bend over! I am staring at a pile of laundry and trying to devise a method of getting them out of the basket and to the machine!!! I have way too much to do this week to feel this way. Frustrating.

• And welcome to Spine-Health. Wow, are you my twin? I'm going through the exact same thing - I was doing ok until some pretty painful sciatica came along about 1-2 months ago. It's in my left buttock and goes down my left leg to my knee and my tailbone hurts. I haven't been to the doc yet, as I'm still working on health insurance issues after being laid off.

What kind of surgery and how many levels did you have done? What does your doc say about your lumbar issue? Are you doing PT or ESIs?

I'm glad you joined us. You'll find a lot of great people here who are very supportive and know what you're going through.

• Yep thats me - I have also been laid off. I have insurance thru my husband. It's awful to have insurance issues with helath problems. I am sorry.

I had a corpectomy level C5-7. I have cervical arthritis and a bone spur had compressed my cord by 75%, I had some major problems walking, holding things, heart palps and even brain lesion which caused them originally RX as MS but since the surgery I am doing well. Still a few issues here and there but absolutly nothing like I had before.

I have DDD and a lower lumbar herniation but havent had issues until this week. This is riduculous!
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. if you are experiencing sciatica, talk to your doctor about the nerve pain medications now available. :-C they have been a big help to me. :D good luck as you seek pain relief! Jenny :)
  • Hi friends

Hello everyone! I am Joseph from London Newly visited this site. This site has very nice forums.

ab workout
  • Sorry to hear about your pain. I know all about severe sciatic/lower back pain. It might be a good idea to discuss your symptoms with your doctor. I too had a herniated disc @L4-L5, and had a microdiscectomy 7 weeks ago. If the pain persists for you, you may want to consider surgery. That is to say, if all other treatments have failed. My understanding is that the nerve root can sustain long term damage if a problem like severe sciatica caused by the herniation is not addressed. But I'm no doctor. Best wishes to you. I go for my 7 week post-op MRI today. I'm very nervous. I'd write more, but I'm a little preoccupied.