Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Afraid of happy

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,390
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Depression and Coping
Ime growing afraid of good news. because there is all the bad in between the lines. I wish I had a deep and abiding hope for tomorrow, where it would wait patiently for the good to return and wait unafraid for the rain, and sun.
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• You have to live in the moment and not the future. Living in the uncertainty of the future and all its possibilities can drive a person insane. Live for and live in the moment and life is much more manageable.

• Me and you have close veiwpoints on the managment of life, just today... defenses are down and had too much of the duck and dodge of life. Ill be better tommorrow, its my nature to always be better, I cant escape my own innate skills at coping...dang.
    Its too seductive right now though, to hear the tiny whisper of sad in my ear.
    Thanks for the looking out for me!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I understand how you feel my friend. And I agree with both of you - you cant control the future so no need to dwell on it. (A true example of the pot calling the kettle black!!!!) I have a bad habit of worrying about the future that I cant control and I have to step back and remind myself that I dont have that much control over my life. And like many of us I rely on my friends to keep me in check with my life.

I hope things are getting better for you though. If you ever need to talk just send me a PM my friend.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    I totally understand what you are saying and have even felt the same way at times but it's all about making someone happy, even yourself, at any chance one can get. My worst fear is the unknown, what waits for me down the road of my ever deteriorating vertabrae. But if I dwell on that I get so down and out that it affects my health. But by just making one person smile or doing
    someone a favor that is appreciated is worth so much to me. I focus on how many more are a lot worse off than me, people stuck in hospitals, nursing homes, or institutions. I can go on and on but I can still walk, I can still see,
    smell, feel, and touch. I can still express my love to my wife, family, and friends. I have it pretty good, don't I?

Take care my friends!
  • Hey Ranchhand,

For what its worth, you cheered me up a few weeks ago when I was down and out. Your post was well thought out and specifically aimed at me. While we have never met, I felt your warmth, compassion, and support for me. In my short time here, I have seen you help many who were afraid, confused, or suffering. That has to be worth a lot, right?

I hope you are feeling better,

• my friend....I agree with C on the fact that we all need to live in the now....trying to figure out what may or may not happen in the future will drive you crazy!!!!!!!! Besides if you need a friend to talk to then you know that I am always just a PM away sweetie!!!!!!! You have made me smile on more than one occasion with your beautiful words , just remember that I would be honored to return the favor....hang in there my friend....Miki
  • Stop complaining and write more lyrics!!!
    Come over sometime and bring pizza & beer!
    I'll eat the pizza and you can drink the beer!
    We'll go fishing...;>)
    I'll bring a net and you bring the dynamite...
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    I think Jim has a good idea! Isn't dynamite in the fishing world another name for DuPont spinners? I'll bring an extra cooler of Corona, ladies welcome too!
  • there are a few things going on in the backround i havent filled in, many things on my plate that equal a big stinky sandwich...bummer.
    I do live in the day, i have no choice, some meds took a huge piece of my short term memory,
    there was a time when i stressed about what was, is, or may not ever have come to me tommorow. all those issues were taken in their time and accepted.
    the down is cyclical, itll get better.
    Jim and the other fisherpeople? ime all for the fishing i'll catch the cold-buzz-??? but fish? kidding.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health