Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help understanding post-myelogram ct results

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi. I know you're not physicians but I'd like to get your thoughts on these results.
Impression: Disc degeneration with large posterior spur C5-6. There is stenosis at this level with no cord compression noted. There is severe right and moderate-to-severe left foraminal narrowing at this location due to uncovertebral joint spurring. Left paracentral protrusion C6-7 abutting the left C7 nerve root as it exits the spinal cord. There is minimal nerve root compression and clinical correlation is recommended. Minor disc bulge and spur C4-5 with no significant stenosis seen
My NS said she's afraid to do surgery because of all the arthritis I have in there? Does this sound right to you? I tried PT and traction and no relief. Any ideas? Thanks.

• I of course am not a doctor and not able to interpret your MRI but I can tell you that because of the severity of my mother's Rheumatoid Arthritis that has now reached her spine she is also not a candidate for any surgery. I asked her doctor, "Then why put her through such a painful test as a Myelogram?" I speak from personal experience on that one since I just had one 2 weeks ago. He cancelled the Myelogram and instead sent her to a new Rheumatologist to see if they can get her some relief from her crippling pain. Both of her hands and feet are now deformed. The Neurologist did however suggest that PT might be an option for her if she is willing. She can't just do nothing about it. Rheumatoid Arthritis causes enough pain but add spinal pain and I don't know how she gets through the day. If PT didn't work for you then perhaps they can find a medication to help with your symptoms and some exercises to keep you mobile. You didn't say what your symptoms are. My mother has poly something neuropathy and she is on Garbatadine (sp?) for the nerve pain. It helps her a lot. Best wishes to you. I know what kind of pain this condition can cause. You know where to find me if you need a shoulder to cry on. Hugs to ya! >:D<
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I started having neck pain about eight or nine years ago and it would come and go. For the past few years it's been a lot more regular and now it's almost constant. I also have terrible headaches that they say are caused by my neck. I've been on all kinds of NSAIDS and none of them really help. I've taken tramadol, lortabs, neurontin, flexeril. Now I'm taking norflex and meloxicam. My left shoulder and arm is affected and my fingers get numb on that hand. I do the strengthening exercises daily and have a home traction unit that helps as long as you're using it. Now I have these issues with my lumbar area too and I feel like I'm falling apart. I keep thinking there's got to be a fix for this but by reading a lot of posts here I'm beginning to see that maybe there is no 'quick fix'. I guess I'll just have to hope for some relief not necessarily a cure. Sorry so long. Thanks for reading.