Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

dont feel like talking

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Matters of the Heart
Im not sure if anyone remembers my last few months of working but now Im getting calls from "so called" friends from work wanting to see how Im doing. Long story short....I was treated like crap the last few months of working when I returned from FMLA. One girl in the office was saying I was in drug rehab, Our secretary stopped talking to me and called me "nut Job" to our clients. My supervisor literally threw files at me, and I wasnt invited to the office Christmas party It was pure hell. I dont feel like talking to anyone at work. No one stuck up for me or cared about me when I was there and I felt like I was just something to gossip about. I was fired in January when I went out again. Am I being unreasonable? I want to put work and everything associated with it behind me. It makes my stomach hurt.

• I did. It took a little courage to reconsider who really was my friend and who wasnt. but..
    they made it easy on you, there are those who stuck by you...
    and those who didnt.
    Its not fair to be ill over those who didnt give you the time of day, yes its mercenary, no its not your fault that your nature is to give and love,
    so dont let them have the last say, about the new days of your life.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I haven't talked to anybody except 2 people from work since I went out last june , I was at a job for 13 years and it was ruff just leaving them like that but my job screwed me bad and I just had too cut ties , it sucked at first but after I realized that nobody was trying to reach me it was easier to just let go.
  • Don't even bother with them- they're probably up to no good and it makes no sense that they'd want to see how you are when all they did was talk s%^& before. No, I would leave them alone; a true friend would have been there and not stab you in the back (excuse the pun). We're here for you too and would never treat you the way your coworkers did.
  • with the people you WANT to spend time with. If your ex co-workers don't provide anything positive, they're not worth the energy it would take to even talk to them. Sounds like you're not the "nut job" in this picture!

It would be nice if you could forgive them for their ignorance, but it doesn't mean you have to be friends with them....friends would never have done something like that to you.

I have let go of a few negative people in my life, and unfortunately they were family, but my life is MUCH happier and less stressful now that I don't have anything to do with them.

Take care, and do what is best for YOU! :wink:" alt=":wink:" height="20" />

• And also I know if I would call them, the first thing they would be telling what people are saying about me. Last thing I need right now. Im done with all the gossip! Thanks for the encouragement everyone
  • Absolutely you don't need to hear what others are saying. It WILL bring lots of stress in your health and life. Focus in getting well and the children.
  • So yesterday I get an email from my best friend/ ex-co-worker saying that she was really disappointned at me and hurt that I havent retuned her calls. She went on to say she inderstands Im in pain but SHE needed a friend right now ( she is very needy). This is exactly why I said I didnt want to talk to people right now. I cannot be a friend to anyone right now. I am, for the 1st time in my life taking care of me both physically and mentally. I cannot meet her for lunch I cannot listen to what people at work are saying about me and I cannot deal with the quilt she puts on me. My parents are eldrly and I use all my energy foro them and for my own family. I dont need her guilt.
  • Where was she when YOU needed support? Did she turn her back on you like the other coworkers did when you were struggling with chronic pain? I remember they were being mean spirited and saying bad things behind your back. I hope she wasn't part of that. Anyway, your BFF has NO right to put a guilt trip on you. It is sad that no one will truly understand what chronic pain feels like unless it happens to them. Right now, you have to take care of yourself and not extend what little energy you have into someone else's drama. You need that stamina to care for your family. I don't mean to sound cold, but you do need to keep stress to a minimum and not let yourself be dragged into unnecessary situations. More stress = more pain. Why in the world does your best friend insist on relaying the garbage that's going on at work? What good will it do for you? None whatsoever.

I don't have a bunch of people in my life either. I stay focused on my husband and 2 kids, my mother, my brother and sister and other relatives. It's all I can do. And of course all my spiney friends too. Take care :)
  • she was the co worker who told me what paople were saying. AT the time, I was thankful that someone told me, but now that I dont work there, I dont care and I am trying to my stress to a minimum. I could feel the stress coming soon as I read her email. And yes, she is a drama queen. She has no family, no kids and lives with her husband ( who she hates). She has no responsibilities and doesnt understand what it means to be a Mom, or to take care of elderly parents. So she has alot of free time to "do lunch" and doesnt understand that some people have better things to do. Thank you for your support on this. Im dont with quilt. It has no purpose in my life.
  • To things and even people we no longer need.
    I did it for a long time, finally realized some of the groups/email lists I received were doing more harm then good. I dropped them. Weeks go by and I don't think about them AT ALL!

I say, stay strong and do not answer! Or, say, GO AWAY NOW!