Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am now officially a neckie and backie..boohoo!

emilyc03eemilyc03 Posts: 41
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Pain Management
Hi all! For some reason I cannot log into chat tonight it won't let me...so I will post an update here...

For those of you that know me I have a history of lumbar problems (see below for that history). Well anyway, for the past 2 months I have been havving pretty back pain in between my shoulder blades and so the PM doc wanted to do an MRI.

Turns out, I am now a spiney, neckie AND a "hippy" (I will explain the hippy in a second, lol).

I have 2 herniated disks and one bulging disk in the cervical area and also 2 degenerating disks. He said the disks are not close to inpinging and nerves but can definately be causing my pain..so we are going to try more injections. PM doc is hopeful for the injections in my neck, as the lumbar ones were not successful because of all of the scar tissue, bone growth and metal from my previous surgeries. So with the cervical he is going into a fresh slate and is hoping the ESI injection will totally resolve the pain.

As for my "hippy" status, I had an order for an X-ray on my hips from months ago that I forgot to get done and so I did them last week with my MRI. I have pretty bad arthritis in BOTH hips. I told him I am not worried about that pain right now, as my lumbar and cervical are enough to keep me busy! But he did say there are injections that can help hip pain as well.

Anyway, I really wanted to thank everyone for the support you give all the time in chat! Each and every one of you have become good friends!

Sorry for the long update!

Talk to you soon!

• Hi EM !!

I just wanted to send you a quick note. I am so sorry to hear about your neck, and I was wondering how you made out with your MRI. Well, I guess you are officially a "bothie" spiney... I know that your strength and wonderful attitude will help you to tackle this new challenge!!!

I hope to see you in chat soon!!

Lots Of Hugs,

glo :)
  • Hello Emily, I am so sorry that you are suffering so much, and in so much pain. Importantly, please don't let this get your spirit down. Michael J. Fox came out with a new book called "Always looking up" or something like that, about his challenges. We all have ours and we just gotta keep hoping. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Hi Emily,

Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Praying that when you get the esi inj. in your neck that it helps you. Keep up the positive spirit. I think it is great you are still able to work full-time. Keep us updated my friend.

Hugs Kate