Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ron - pls look into something

kathyykkathyy Posts: 580
Ron, somebody has started a room in chat titled Adults - mature behavior or something like that. We (several of us in chat) would love to have it deleted. Just not up to the image of this wonderful website. There is one lurker there who won't respond. Either that or the room is "stuck" after problems last night.

Just wanted to make you aware. Kathy

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    We, or I should say I set that up. I was tired of the games and drama some people play in the CHAT room. It became to childish.. I wanted to set up a room where people who would just come to CHAT minus the games and drama to visit.

No one has gone into that room, I did make mention of it a while ago as a room that people that really want to share ideas about their medical history, to have fun, but not to do the name calling, the improper flirting, the badgering of other members.

I am only looking for a healthier CHAT room
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • This is why I quit going into chat.I'm not saying this to be rude or to stir things up...well,maybe if it stirs up a conversation or understanding that would be good,but not the trouble type of 'stirring' is what I mean.

Everyone has an opinion-which is great-when assumptions are made and talked about-that too can be okay-then things somehow get out of hand and taken to the mods,admin-somebody gets hurt--a lot of misunderstandings and miscommunication-people get their feelings hurt-leave the forum-hold grudges,and all because a person may have logged on and forgot to either log off-fell asleep-pc troubles-etc.

Then again-could be a lurker.But even so,what's to see if there is nobody else in the room.I assumed that the ADULT chat room was for people who wanted to talk about whatever they wanted to discuss and maybe get their minds off of their medical stuff for awhile,but in a mature way and keeping with the policies of the rest of S~H.Maybe the 'lurker' is waiting for somebody else who wants to discuss baseball for all we know.Unless we ask him/her I just don't think it's fair to assume the worst.
    Just my opinion on this whole chat subject.

Ron-I've never really noticed all that you have to do here and how difficult it must be-I don't really know how you do it!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    I do appreciate it. I am lucky that many people tell me that they appreciate what I can contribute.
    For myself, I really think that after all of these years dealing with chronic pain and surgeries, so probably avoidable if I was smarter, I feel in some what like a teacher.
    If I can get my message to just one or two members about the importance of taking care of their spines after surgery, then I have done my job.
    Being an Administrator here, well, I enjoy this so much.
    It makes me feel like a better person, and that I can make a difference. But what really makes it all so worthwhile is the members! Folks like yourself, who understand the ups and downs that go along with spinal problems, folks that are looking for answers, folks that want to cry, it doesnt matter,
    I love doing what I do here.
    When you love what you are doing, there is no limit to how much you can give of yourself.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Great intention! I totally misconstrued! Now I feel silly. Sorry. I thought "mature adult" had a more xrated intent! Oh well. Hope that doesn't sound Freudian (lol).