Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Almost 5 years, getting to the end of my tether!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Lower Back Pain
I need some advice.

I am 23 years old and have had a problem with my spine for almost 5 years (in september), i don't actually have a diagnosis but have been told they think its a form of DDD (Degenerative disc Disease). I have had every non surgical procedure you can think off. Epidurals, facet joint injections, Physio, Acupuncture, Heat therapy, Massage, Exercise everything, i have even had a dyneses operation in February last year. I had my first baby 9 weeks ago, she was born a month early because i was in hospital from 1st December until the 7th Feb (when me and baby were released from hospital) with only Christmas and a couple of other days at home. I was in hospital because the baby was putting so much pressure on my spine i couldnt walk, so i had to have pethadine injections everyday for the pain. She had to be born via Caesarean Section which was planned to see if it would help, And it hasn't. I cannot move again, and to be honest if i didnt have my darling little girl to live for i would give up, i am so depressed because i can't even pick up my baby, im lucky because i live with my parents, and my mum cares for me, but i cry everyday because i can't pick her up, someone has to do it for me then pass her to me. My baby spent 8 days in Special care because i decided to have her born early hoping my pain would ease, so not only did that not work but now i feel like a selfish cow for putting my tiny little baby through those horrible 8 days.

I am seeing my consultant next week, but i know he will want me to have more injections, and to be honest i can't take much more, they didnt work the first few times, why would they work again. I had an epidural in December and i had pain where the needle went in for a week, a week of no pain then it all came flooding back, whats the point of going all through that for a week of no pain. I refuse to take the cocktail of painkillers i used to have before i was pregnant because i would be asleep all day and never see my baby. I am even having to move into a ground floor flat with walk in shower because i cant climb stairs or get in a bath, i feel useless, i feel like a shell with nothing inside and i am getting dangerously close to falling off the edge and i dont think i'll be able to come back.
Anyone feel the same or have any advice for me?

• I dont really know what to tell you. I have had a fusion on two levels, but not the same symptoms. I hope that your Dr can find what is causing the problem. If you have seen this one before and havnt figured it out, you need to keep seeking help. I had to keep trying different Drs for 2 1/2 years until they figured out what was wrong. Keep your chin up and keep looking for answers. There is no reason for them to not be able to figure out such a major issue. If there is anything I can help with. Please let me know and good luck!
  • Congrats on your baby girl!!!! <:P <:P .
    I am sorry that you are in so much pain, and for so long. I hope that there will be something that can help you!!!! Hang on, there is hope, there always is >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • My heart goes out to you, and I can feel your depression and dispair. Part of this might be post-partum depression, and part from the constant pain. God can get you through this, ask for His help. And then look at your lovely daughter. Our children can be our lifeline. Then ask your doctor about a pain clinic, and the possibility of an anti-depressant. There is no shame in asking for help. It sounds like you have a good support system, and that many people care for you. Have you had the testing necessary to find the source of your pain? MRI's, CT;s, EMG's. There is a lot that can be done to help you. Just don't give up. You must go on for your precious daughter. O:)

This discussion has been closed.