Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tragedy in Binghamton, NY

MingMMing Posts: 1,127
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Matters of the Heart
It is with great sadness that I am writing this as I am watching the local news. A gunmen has entered our American Civic Association in Binghamton, NY and we are informed that atleast 13 people have been shot dead (including the gunman).

I've always thought this would never happen in my area because I live in a small town outside of Binghamton. This happened just blocks away from where I used to work before my disability.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the victims, their families, all the medical staff that will be working on the wounded and the NY State police department and all emergency squads on the scene. Please take a moment to say a prayer for them too.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    it just seems like things like this are happening more and more. Its a sick world at times and how people who should never have a gun can get one... beyond me.

Binghamton, Michele, I used to trek up to Endicott for IBM meetings at least 2x month from 1976 to about 1982.
    A few times I would fly, but most of the time, I just loved driving up Route 17K.. There was this super dinner in Roscoe New York that served the BEST French Toast in the World!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • It's incomprehensible how a person can take away another person's life (many lives).

Prayers for the family, friends, and the community.
  • Hey Paparon,

The news is saying the gunman was recently laid off from IBM.

It's such a shame to see all the violence everywhere you turn around. The higher the unemployment rate rises and lower the economy dives....the more you see all these shootings and murder-suicides.

I used to walk past that building almost everyday on my lunch break when I was working cuz I would walk on my lunch breaks. My sister is working in ICU at one of the hospitals that the victims were taken too.