Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The wait, and the pain........

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello everyone :H :H .
I hope that everyone is doing well. I am waiting on the insurance company to approve my ct scan, and the plif L5 S1 surgery. In the mean time, I am suffering :''( :''( .
My back has been hurting worse, and worse by the day. I swear that if my legs could fall off, they would. They are so weak and so painful, it is the oddest feeling in the world. It is so hard because I have three little ones and I can't take the pain meds all day long(the strong ones). I suffer. I did take something stronger a bit ago, but not doing much of any good ~X( .
For those that know about me, my husband also has back problems. He has a failed fusion in the same spot as I. He is going to wait and see how it goes with my surgeon in Albany, and he may go see him. The surgeon that he had is horrible :T . I also went to see him, and he told me that basically he had no idea why I had leg pain, duh!!!!!!!!! ~X( .
Today and the last few days just havent been great at all. I want to go out and clean my yard, go for walks, ect. It hurts too much! I also have the wonderful work comp system that watches me. Gosh, if I could do all the things I wanted to without pain, I would so do it!!! I can't wait to get out of the system.
Anyway, what is the deal with my legs getting so much weaker? I have a lot of nerve damage, but it seems like some days I will just fall on my face :/ . I am so scared of getting surgery, and getting worse than this!!! Please god I hope that doesnt happen!!!! On a good note, I ordered a laptop from dell that I can't wait to get so that I can get on the puter more. It hurts to sit here even in my wonderful soft puter chair!!!! I hope it comes earlier than they say it will :D .

• I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering. I pray you get the insurance approval for the tests and surgery you need. I can understand your fear with going through with the surgeon and having the possibility it will not be successful, especially after seeing your husband suffer from the same thing. I too am suffering from a failed fusion L5/S1. My sugery was anterior. I now have 2 broken screws in addition to the failed fusion and new surgeon said it's not operable at this point.

I haven't seen you on here that much. I was hoping that meant you were feeling better.

I too bought a dell laptop the same month I went out on disability. It was too hard to sit at the computer desk plus my husband was always on it so we would fight over computer time lol. Now I can lay or sit up in bed on my bad days or sit out on the couch on my good days and hang out here. I'm sure you will love your dell as I do mine. We have wireless hispeed internet and I love it. Did you get any special color or design? They came out with those really cool designs after I got mine but I got the spring green one. I wanted pink but hubby said he didn't want to use a pink computer lol.

How long after your husband's surgery did he start realizing it was a failed fusion? I could tell something wasn't right after 4 months but doc wouldn't listen and ctscan showed it was ok. New neurosurgeon read same ctscan and seen broken screws and failed fusion so must be radiologist missed that.
  • My insurance company has denied MRI 3 times last year. No matter what documents they received from the surgeon's office, apparently it was not enough. Last week, the doc's office sent in a request but it was pending. But the radiologist was asked to go ahead and do it. The only way to get through the insurance for my case is peer to peer talk from my doc to the doc at the insurance company. I hope yours is not that case, and will soon go through. Sorry for the agony of waiting, being in pain, and having to look after little ones is all really stressful for you. Do try to find some alone time. My best to you.
  • I just had duh L) the same Dr who couldn't understand why I'm having pain on the opposite side. I have to see a Neurosurgeon next. The Neurologist understood why when I had the EMG but the 2 Ortho opinions I've had so far are not even willing to do the discogram to see. I will mention that to Neuro if I ever get in to see him. Good luck. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hey guys :H :H .
    I know that I wrote this post like last week, lol. Ming, I will be getting the dell in the next few days!!! Yay!!! I already have this wonderful dell xp that I ordered last year, it is awsome. The tower is built into the screen, no tower! I just wanted the laptop so that I can do what you do, hang out other than on this computer chair!!!!!
    My husband knew right away that his fusion was not good at all. His ortho kept telling him that everything was fine. He is a real quack!!!!! :T :T .
    He is going to see how it goes with this surgeon that I have found to see if he can get some answers from him. It does stink, the poor guy :S .
    I have a IME on thursday to see a work comp doctor. I am sure that is what the insurance company is waiting to see what he has to say before they go ahead and approve the surgery. Lately I just haven't wanted to do anything. I do have depression on top of things. UGH. Well, I am still here!!!!! Hugs everyone >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

This discussion has been closed.