Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

nerve burn

dgardineerddgardineer Posts: 158
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Spinal Injections
Has anyone had or heard of IDET or a Biacuplasty . The pain management Dr. that did my discogram said it might help out with pain a little bit. Any info would be much appreciated.Thankyou
advertisement

Comments

• thankyou for the link ,but i was wondering if i could get some input from people who had this done and hoe it did or didn't work for them.but like I said thankyou
  • Is not covered by many/most insurance companies. There was a thread here recently about it and the information I read stated that they do not consider it to be a viable treatment.

I have no personal experience with either procedure you mention.

If you run a search you should see that post it was not long ago that it appeared on here.
  • Please check out my post; I had a biacuplasty on March 6, and am doing well.
    I started physical therapy two weeks after, and am being very diligent about the exercises. I wore the surgical corset for three months, and now only wear it when I'm sitting (which I try to not do for long periods of time), and sometimes wen I sleep.
    My pain level is down to one on most days, and I take half of the amount of Tramadol I used to take (I was taking three a day; now I take 1-1/2). So this appears to have worked. I still have some anxiety about hurting myself, but that will most likely go away with time, and as my back gets stronger. My physical therapist said it should take about a year to get back to my previous strength levels, so I try to not get discouraged about the slow progress.
    Biacuplasty requires that the patient be VERY compliant -- for some people, this may be difficult. But when you think of the possibility of not living in pain, the lifestyle change for a few months is definitely worth it.
    Best,
    ag
advertisement