Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical spondylosis

jillrodgers77jjillrodgers77 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I'm new here and trying to find others who have(or had) cervical spondylosis and how it was treated? results? thanks for any responses, Jill

• Hi Jill,
    I have cervical splodylosis also for about 10 years now. I developed after a neck injury. I know Alot of people do good after conservative treatment. I myself did not.
    I had a ACDF in 2005 for the rupture in my disc and bone spurs removed. I recenly have developed worsening symptoms and had another MRI and now have new bone spurs in 3 disc one in the thecal sac, and one abuts the cord. My symptoms include neck pain with restriction and shoulder pain and arm pain with shooting nerve pain and tingling numbness in fingers. I know eventually the bone spurs will have to be removed.
    I dont know if I am the best person to talk to. I don't want to discourage you. I learned yesterday once the disc die they cant grow back, Due to innsufficient blood flow and nutrients. I am on meds and heat, massage, rest does help.
    Welcome to the group. Hopefully you will get some more positive feedback, but remember alot of the people that are doing well are probably not on this site because they are out enjoying thier lives.
    I hope things go well for you. Its always important to have hope.
  • I just read your other post about spondylotic ridges and was going to resond...you are right...they are commonly called bone spurs. Your symptoms are almost identical to mine. I am really struggling dealing with this...pain and emotions...wondering if it'll get better...or worse, etc. I am having a tough time adjusting to wearing this neck brace...but, I know I need to give it a chance...the pain actually seems better than a few days ago. Any suggestions or ideas you can share will be greatly appreciated...please stay in touch or feel free to PM...look forward to hearing from you again, Jill
  • I had three levels in my cervical spine that had bone spurs and disc herniations.They were flattening my spinal cord,causing all sorts of problems all over my body.Pain,weakness so on and so on.I did therapy,heat and ice,they wouldn't do injections or any other methods saying they wouldn't help me that i needed surgery. I finally had surgery last april,yup been almost a year now.After my surgery i felt so much better,the nerve pain was almost completely gone immediately after the surgery.My muscle strength is slowly coming back,but during the surgery they had to get a microscope and pick out the pieces of bones spurs that were in and around my nerves. I definitely am glad i had the surgery,it helped me immensely.If i hadn't had the car accident six months after my surgery i would be much farther along.I'm sure of it.
  • Question for you...do you think it is worth trying conservative treatments ie. brace,meds, heat/ice? I am concerned that I am going to try this and still end up not improving...I think I know what your answer might be, just curious and concerned, thanks, Jill
  • Honestly your the only one that can determine that because you have to deal with the pain.I think you have to think about how long you've been dealing with your problem,how bad the pain is and your quality of life.I would like to ask how long your doctor has you wearing that neck brace?Just wondering because your muscles can weaken if neck braces are worn too long.