Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is ironing clothes a restriction?

pepper09ppepper09 Posts: 138
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:29 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Is ironing clothes a restriction 2 weeks post op PLIF - on level L5, S1?
advertisement

Comments

• I would say if it hurts, don't do it. I was restricted from any pushing and pulling, but I never did anything that made me hurt. Can you iron without twisting? In the end, ask your doctor, leave a message, and they will get back to you with the REAL answer :p

~kat
  • Why would you want to do ironing anyways? I gave that up years ago. But if you are used to doing it, or if your family expect you to do it, this is best time to use the excuse "sorry, I can't just yet". try it, you may like it.

Seriously, even if you are feeling well, you are too early in your recovery to go back to doing things like that. Take your time, and take care of yourself!

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery!

Kin

• don't do it. BLT = bending, lifting, twisting. I think one generally twists when ironing. Spray whatever it is with a light mist of water, throw it in the dryer and let it fluff. Then put it on a hanger. Voila! No more ironing.

Linda

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I do a lot of ironing and it hurts my back a lot so I wouldn't try it so soon after surgery. Besides, take the break as long as possible. What's a few wrinkles? Seriously though, I wouldn't do it until asking your doctor. Take care of yourself. Don't "press your luck". Sorry, lame I know. 8}
advertisement