Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need some faith .....

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Stop Smoking
My last cigarette was on march 19 @ 7am (x3) about 2 1/2 hrs before my surgery. They gave me patches in the hospital and I used them for 3 or 4 days after I got home......but, I go to places were I used to smoke and it dam near kills me....I want one so bad, it hurts and I do mean hurts my head, my chest and I start to sweat ....was wondering if anybody else had issues like this. or may be some "stand your ground, it will get better"s

Thank you

• All I can say is hang in there...I stopped tobacco after my first surgery in November 07, it is not easy, work with your doctors, they are willing to help. Sometimes you have to change people, places and things for a while. Keep on trying. I have been alcohol free for 15 years, it is something you have to work on every day.....

• exactly how you feel. I quit before, but made the mistake of picking it up again after 3 months. I'm going in for my very first back surgery TOMORROW, and will probably smoke my last cigarette on the way to the hospital.
    Now more than ever, I have the motivation. I don't want to go through this, and have it ruined because of cigarettes!
    I'm just waiting to quit til I have to go, because I didn't want to stress myself out w/ this too right before surgery.(I've got enough other things to stress about!) ~X(
  • stopping smoking this time ..this is because i want to stop and stay stopped .well done to the first post for keeping stopped .i understand how bad you feel regarding wanting a cigarette and the withdrawal symptoms .last night i was up all night not just with back and leg pain but with a nicotine head ache my brain felt like it was on fire ! i know that if i stick at it for a few days longer i will manage to quit for a long time just like the time before.just keep telling yourself you are better than smoking why pay to be ill ? make them your enemies not your friends .its not easy for anyone to stay stopped but keep on dont let your self down