Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help, Need insight about Dr. Credentials

arodigaarodig Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am currently being scheduled for a second opinion regarding an ACDF or ADR at C 6&7. Can anyone assist me with a web site to research a doctor's credentials in California. I know that the ADR is pretty new within the US and I am leaning towards it for surgery but I want to be sure. I just want to be more comfortable with the new Surgeon. I would like to know just how good they are and if there were any negatives towards them. Can any one help me out. Thank you for your time.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    web sites that rate and report on different doctors.
    Just google/search "Rating a doctor"
    You will get plenty of hits. Many of those sites provide you with some basic information, but if you want the details, they normally require you to register and pay a fee.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • College of Physicians are used where I live and believe U.S. has similar. I found out my pain management Dr had a record just by entering his name on a search. Good luck. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi arodig,
    Another resource you may try is asking the nurses and doctors where he practices at. They usually have some great information. Another thing you may want to check is if this is a second opinion make sure the first doctor and second doctor are not affiliated in the same groups. You don't want a second opinion that just goes along with the first surgeon. Another resource is your primary care doctor. If you feel comfortable with him or her ask them if it was your family member which surgeon would they see and ask for two different names. Since you are considering ADR one thing to check is if this surgeon has performed the surgery. Make sure they were not in the test trials of the surgery as well. If so you can get the records on the test trials. Good luck i hope this helps and keep us posted on how you get along and your decision.
  • Hi arodig,

Another way to check your doc is call the CA state medical board and see what they say. Also do get a 2nd opinion from another doc outside your other docs clinic. Hope this helps.

• I looked around and checked hosptials and their specific program ratings. In Northen Cal. it's UCSF with the top grades for Nurosurgery. I'm working with Dr. EDITED. He came highly recommended by my local Dr's. as well as by some attorney friends that do workers comp. cases.

Doctors name and contact details removed by forum Moderator (paulgla). We do not permit publishing specific doctor's or institution names and contact details.