Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery Scheduled

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical

I saw my neurosurgeon on Friday and scheduled my surgery for June 1st. I did take a list of questions that I wanted answers for and he answered them all. The question about the amount of pain I would in he said that he couldn't answer due to each persons pain treshold. I wanted to see the rods that he would be using but he told me that they were about as large in diamenter as a refill in a ink pen. He will be using the bone he takes out of my neck and grinding it to use for the fusion. My problem is from C3 thru C6. He said that he would probaly have to fuse C2 thru T1 for stabilaty. Not exacatly looking forward to this but also not wanting to become paralized from the neck down either. He also said as long as the bone fusions took I should be okay. I told him that I was not in any pain and he reminded me that this would continue to get worse and not better on its on. The earlier that I had the surgery the sooner that the detorieration would be under control. And the sooner I could return to a somewhat normal life. He said that if I did not water ski or snow ski now not to think about taking it up later.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Your surgery sounds identical to what I had done in August of '07. My neurosurgeon told me almost the same as yours. My surgery was successful and I have returned to the same activities as pre-op. I'm sure you will have good results and also the peace of mind knowing you made the right decision
    to prevent further damage to your cervical spine.
    Take care and keep us all posted here with your results.