Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Grey Eagle-Almost time

MaggiePMMaggieP Posts: 349
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I hope your pain hasn't been too bad. Just a few more days to your surgery. Been thinking about you, and hoping you're hanging in there. Take care, I know you are prepared. Sending you this angel to be with you during your surgery. O:)

• Thanks so much, Maggie! Yep, Wed Morning I check into the hospital at 5:30 am. The letter I received with instructions from my surgeon says 'Case #1.'

I'm not sure whether to get nervous or scared yet or not. Lol. I honestly don't know how much I'll react when I'm in there getting prepared. If my last surgery (a carpal tunnel release) was any indication I was out and next thing I knew it was over.

I expect to be in the hospital several days. When I'm out I'll let you all know how I'm doing. I do hope for good thoughts and prayers and thank you all!

• Its been a long haul for you grey eagel and i hope all turns out well for you.Nothing to be worried about it will be a breeze for you!! Take care and i know we'll all be thinking of you.So good luck and come on and let us know how it all went when your feeling up to it. :D
  • I'm new around here and we havent spoken before.. But i wish you the best of luck on a speedy and full recovery. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. :)
  • Good luck on your upcoming surgery. My guess is that it will be a lot like your carpel tunnel surgery - it'll be over before you know it. I'm really glad that you're the first surgery of the day - I took comfort from that, as I was also.

Maggie, thanks for posting this. It's hard to keep up with all the folks, so I really appreciate it.

Hang in there Ken and we'll see you on the other side!
  • You will be in our thoughts and prayers Ken. Soon you will be on the other side beginning your recovery. Try to not worry about the surgery, just let the doctors do that, the only thing you need to do is rest and let your body heal. Not feeling too bad at the 7 day point, you are going to be well.

• Thanks so very much all of you! I had a couple calls with my surgeon's scheduler today. I woke up with a flare up of gout in my left big toe.

My surgeon and my foot doctor cleared me for surgery anyway. I'm not taking any ant\i-inflammatories and have not for at least a month. So I'm good. I figure my neck surgery will give me something to think about besides my inflammed big toe! Lol!

• Wow, who did you kick, LOL. Really not a joking matter, my dad used to get gout. I know it's very painful. Take care. I was schedule for #1 surgery of the day too, and got moved back due to an emergency of an inmate fighting with another inmate, neck injury, so they brought him to the hospital because he was in danger of paralysis. They gave me lots of calming meds, the only thing I didn't like was I was hungry! And tired, having been up since 3 to make it to hospital for check-in and prep. I added this just so if that happens, you will know all is not lost! Wed is the day! It will get done, and you will be on your way to regaining yur sanity. :D

I'll be praying for you Wed.