Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

trouble walking, pain in legs and back

MaggiePMMaggieP Posts: 349
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Lower Back Pain
As you can see in my signature, I have a lot of stenosis, arthritis, and DDD. My leg pain when walking is getting progressivly worse. Today was such a beautiful spring day, I went out and cleaned my car, then did some repair work on a bed that broke. I had to go to Wal-Mart for some bolts. By the time I got home, my legs hurt so bad I couldn't stand, and they have hurt the rest of the day. My insurance company has denied a new MRI 3 times, even tho my PCP has said it is medically necessary. Instead they approved 24 weeks of PT to try to strengthen my back, which has done absolutly nothing. My questin is this: How do you know the stenosis is progressing? At what rate does it generally deteriorate? If the bulging disc herniates, will I know? It's so frustrating knowing something is going on in my back, but can't find out the cause. I generally use the Ostritch Program........bury head in sand and ignore the problem :D but lately it's not working. Any ideas apppreciated. Thanks for listening.

• What I have found for being able to recognize the progression of stenosis is, have another MRI. An x-ray is not going to show stenosis because an x-ray only shows the bone structure. I see that your insurance is NOT about to help you in that area. I don't know if this helps but with my spinal degeneration, it has taken a few years to get to the point where I have a lot of nerve pain in the lower back and both legs. To be exact, 3 years. I have no insurance whatsoever. I myself have tried going to "The Med" which is a major trauma hospital here in the Memphis,TN area. They are an organization which helps those without insurance but that's not their main purpose. I, myself, do not know everything that's going on with my back and legs. That's why I am trying to get into "The Med" to see an Neurologist. Unfortunately, they are booked up seeing patients and are not taking any new ones. My word or words to you are, don't bury your head in the sand. Check your PM.
  • My insurance once denied MRIs 3 times too, last year. Reason being, already did CT, why need MRI. No matter what the doc's office did, it was not approved. Until I asked the doc to call them up and have a peer to peer discussion; it was immediately approved there and then. You will need to get the insurance doctor's telephone and the reference number for your doctor. See if that helps.
  • Milkshake, check your pm. Adamapple, that is a very good idea. I have an appt with my dr on the 14th, I will bring it up and see if he is willing to do that. If he is, I'll get in touch with ins co.

• you need not worry for legs and back pain in the body.my friend's has a same problem.he was used canadian voltaren for the pain, my friend's pain was decreased in a weeks.you should use voltaren medicine for your problem. you can get more information about voltaren and buy cheap voltaren from www.squaremeds.com/articles/use-canadian-voltaren-in-generic-form-to-treat-body-pain.html
This discussion has been closed.