Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spasms on head top with cervical disk prblems????

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:29 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any information on the following. Several years ago I had fusion at C5/C6 due to severe disk pressure on my spinal cord and stynosis, This was due to an auto accident. For several years after that accident I suffered form the typical pain but even worse I had severe fatigue of the muscles around my eyes and muscle or ligament spasms on the very top of my head. My head felt plugged and It was extremely draining on my energy level. At times I was able to break up these spasms and I would hear the release right into my lower neck area. This would give me some almost immediate relief but the spasms would occur again. All this went away after my fusion surgery and remained gone for a couple years until Last spring I was in another accident that damaged discs at C6/C7 and C4/C5 . The damage at C4/C5 is a protrusion that has now started to touch my spinal cord and the spasms on my head began to return and are now very constant. I have also had ringing in my ears, mostly the left now since the day after the accident. It varies in volume and the pitch and volume changes with pressure such as biting down or pushing on my face. I also have the typical muscle pains one would expect with cervical issues. Has any one had experiences like these? My surgeon has told me that he has seen things like this a few times but there are no guarantees that surgery will help. Any information would be appreciated Thanks Rich