Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What is happening to me

LostYouthLLostYouth Posts: 8
I am schedule for an L4 through S1 360 fusion at the end of April. I have herniated discs at both levels and I have had a couple of microdiscetomies in the past. I just have a question for you all right now. I have all the pain associated with the hernations at these levels. Along with a left leg and foot at probably 30% numb.

Without being to graphic. I have had some very strange things happening lately. First, I have had this strange sensation in my groin area. Without sounding too strange, I feel an aroused feeling in that area all the time. I do not experience an erection just a strange tickling type sensation that never goes away.

In addition, when I am urinating, I try to stop, but the urine still keeps coming out and it dribbles everwhere. At times, I can't seem to hold it back and I have to go or it will come out on my pants.

I don't feel a numb sensation in the saddle are or in the groin. Just the above happenings along with terrible groin, hip, back, leg and foot pain.

Any thoughts on what this might be?

• My thoughts are you should call your doctor now, today. Don't sit on the computer waiting for our opinions. You have serious symptoms and I wonder if your doc will even move up your surgery. This is serious business, call your doc now and report it. I can't diagnose it, but sure sounds a lot like cauda equina syndrome. CALL YOUR DOCTOR NOW.
  • Hi Jay,

I wrote a whole response and forgot to hit submit. I wanted to let you know to not be embarrassed to talk about things like that on this site. Many others on here have the same or similar issues with bowels or incontinence.

As ernurse stated if you are having any bathroom issues you should contact your doctor asap. If you have pinched nerves it could cause the condition she mentioned.

I don't know if you've seen this diagram that Ron put out there but I am putting the link here for you to see what levels affect other parts of your body. There is a note at the bottom indicating any damage to spinal cord can result in bathroom issues.

Please contact your doc and let us know how you make out. Hope all is well.
  • have a look at my offering on the chronic pain section {sexual side effects from spine surgery} its on the third page.anyway i have a similar type of thing do you feel like you could get aroused very easily? and it the feeling in your perineum and anus region? sorry to be so graphic ! because if it is my doctor says that this is normal for males with some back problems ..the only time it becomes a problem is when you carnt pee or other!