Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

epidural fibrosis

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
After having a operation for herinated L4/L5 disc, discectomy and decompression, I'm beeing treated for scar tissue by steroid injections,on my medical form, writing difficult to read is epiduarl fibfosis. Anyone got a clue..?
I'm seeing doc in two weeks, wanted to be in the know..!

• to hear of your pain. I would suggest going to the search section here and check out the topics Epidural Fibrosis and scar tissue. You will have alot of good readings from posts that talk about what you're going through.

also you might google the diagnosis too

take care

• its the medical word for scar tissue .and i know that it can be just as problematic as the original reason that you had the surgery for.what happens is ..after the surgeons have made there incisions your skin and the other structures within your spine try too hard to heal themselves and as a result scar tissue is formed .as long as the scar tissue does not touch any nerve tissue there should be no problems .but scar tissue {epidural fibrosis}tends to wrap its self around anything it can usually the nerves! and then you are in pain again..last november i had an operation to remove the epidural fibrosis from my original operation within 12 months it has grown back again! and this time the facet joints have over compensated and grown too big causing pain and stiffness {this condition is called facet joint hypertrophy or facet joint syndrome} all i know is my bloody back hurts you can give it all the posh medical terminology you want but it still hurts!
  • I'm dealing with this condition too, and so far it's been really painful and none of my meds seem to adequately lessen my back and nerve pain. I tried an ESI already but it didn't help. Whatever treatment you pursue, I hope it gives relief because I know how debilitating this pain can feel. Take care
  • When did you have surgery? I had fusion surgery two years ago, and recently had scar tissues removed because the it had enveloped the nerves and caused my foot to go totally numb. The surgery corrected the problem before the nerve got permanently damage.

With scar tissues, if you start early, you can stretch it with exercise and prevent it from hurting so much. Did the injection help you at all?