Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Almost 4 weeks post 3 level ACDF

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Wow I can't believe thursday is 4 weeks post surgery. Had 3 level ACDF on March 12. First week was horrible but things have gotten progressively better since then. My biggest problem right now is I still feel like I have a lump in my throat. It doesn't hurt so much as annoy me and I feel like there's something in there clogging my throat.
Got my bone stimulator the other day, can't feel a thing. Just having problems keeping the electrodes on my neck. They gave me bandaid type things to put over them but the adhesive on them started eating my skin. Now I'm trying to find a tape that won't eat my skin and still keep the stupid electrodes on.
My NS doesn't believe in using collars so surprisingly I have pretty good ROM. I can look side to side and up without much pain. Looking down hurts some but over all the pain is down. I even went out yesterday and drove without too much problems.
I'm happy to report my headaches are almost gone. One of my major problems before surgery was daily headaches now it's down to maybe one every couple days. I'm very happy about that.
Sorry I havn't been on much this last month or so my biggest issue since surgery has been looking down at my laptop so I havn't been online much.
Hope everyone is doing well and I'll try to catch up on the posts today.
Take care and thanks for being there.

• Welcome back! I'm so glad to hear that you're improving and things are moving right along. I'm glad your ROM is good - it sure helps while driving. I have a hard time looking down also and sometimes I forget. One day I was doing laundry and folded my husband's slacks and I held them with my chin while I was putting them on the hanger and *OH BOY* not a good idea. LOL

Here's to happy healing and a successful surgery.

Take care, my friend.
  • Great to hear another success story. Hope things continue to improve for you.

• Thanks Cath for your kind words it's funny I've tried putting pillows into pillowcases the other day holding the pillow with my neck and that was not a smart thing to do.
    Thanks for alwasy replieing. Sometimes it feels like you are the only one that really care at all. I'm feeling so lonely during this recovery.
    Take Care,
  • That's good you're healing well. That's one thing with laptops you can take them anywhere but they're best used on a desk or table. Try to get some paper tape from the drugstore or even use bandaids.I hope you continue to heal so well. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks for the kind words, Sabrina.

I know that the recovery time can be difficult because you have all day and you're not supposed to do anything. And remember that you CAN'T do anything. Time to heal.

This site is a good companion, though, isn't it? We're all here for you and again, welcome home.

• I have been wondering about you, Sabrina. I remember that you fell shortly after your surgery, then after that I haven't heard much. As a fellow headache sufferer, I'm glad that they have calmed down a bit for you. there have been a lot of recent surgeries and good recoveries!! Keep on healing,
  • I did fall the day after surgery, hit my head really hard on the concrete but I'm doing really good since then. Never did find out exactally why I blacked out and fell.
    I'm doing better than before surgery, thankfully. Still hurting but not so bad.
    Going in to see my doc on Monday so I will find out how things are going then.
    Hope everyone has a great Easter. I'm looking forward to attending church again for the first time in many months. Pain was too bad before surgery and now that it's improving I'm going to enjoy seeing people again.