Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had MRI today

Nicole74NNicole74 Posts: 123
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had a MRI today and it clearly shows two more large herniations. One above and one below the fusion. I just had ACDF 4 weeks ago due to spinal cord compression. I wonder if the surgeon will suggest surgery right away. I'm in unbearable pain and have been since surgery.

I wonder if I herniated the discs due to the involuntary head jerks or if I did this while sleeping? I see the surgeon in two days. I'm at a total loss. I doubt I'll ever be able to run again. :(

• Thats horrible. i'm sorry you are in so much pain. Hopefully the surgeon can get you some relief soon and you can get back to a normal life. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck for a full and speefy and ppain free recovery :)
  • I'm sorry to hear. I hope you also get some pain relief. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thank you Chef and Charry.
  • I'm sorry you're hurting and I hope you can get some relief. If you do have to have surgery on those two levels, you will have had the surgery I had after all is said and done. Although recovery does take time, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run again, assuming the surgery goes well.

Take care of yourself and please keep us updated. Feel free to PM me if you want to vent.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,858
    for what you have to deal with now. I am at a loss of words about your situation. I do not believe that you did anything to get those herniation. Head Jerks and Sleeping movements, while can be medium efforts, causing another herniations, that just doesnt seem right.
    The fact that you just recently had ACDF surgery and now it is showing disc problems above and below the fusion... That just seems to me that something with the surgery went wrong or that those discs were already starting to go.
    I am sure you are very frustrated now, probably beyond belief.
    You went through your recent surgery to become pain free and now you are faced with this.
    I do hope that things work out for you.
    Discuss everything with your doctor, it would be real good to know how/why/when those other discs went bad.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com