Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

surgery again

cookietoddccookietodd Posts: 36
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi eveyone, its been a long time since I posted. I found out today that I will have to have surgery to enlarge the nerve opening for C7-T1 with fusion to C6/7 already fused 6/13/2008. I also have bulging on C3-4,5-6. But I don't want a neck I can't function with, so I can deal with the headaches... The nerve pain is another story. I will let you know when I know more. Is recovery similar to ACDF 6-7???

• I wish you all the best for your upcoming surgery. I know others who had cervical surgery will be along soon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I'm not sure how your recovery is going to be. I wish you well and hope you have a speedy recovery!
  • Another surgery is never fun. I had 2 cervical spine surgeries within 5 months time. I am fused from C4-C7 and the second surgery was done posterior. There is more pain when done posterior as opposed to anterior. Right now I have a bulge above my fusion but I think I will leave it alone.

• Thanks for the responses it reminds me how special this board is for support. My NS will be going anteriorly again through the previous incision so thankfully the recovery will not be as difficult. That will get me back intime for graduation for my 2 kidos from college in May.

Everyone have a better day than when you started today!I hope you are able to smile and laugh abit.
  • the surgeon doing exactly at the surgery? Is he / she going to shave the bone away? I had this kind of surgery in Jan 09, but at the lumbar, not cervical. It was way less intense than fusion surgery. Best of luck.
  • Removal of hardware 6-7, copectomy c7-t1 disectomy with fusion and replacement hardware to c6-t1. Sorry yeasterday was a crazy day. We are around the areas of fire in okla. We are ok and are home is safe. everyone have a great day.
  • The doctors office had a cancellation and moved me into the spot. April 21... I believe I will be able to go to my daughters college grad. without difficulty now! It will be great to be on the other side of this pain and total restriction.
  • was on March 9th for a C4-5 fusion with instrumentation. My first surgery was almost 2 years ago for a ACDF of my C5-7 with instrumentation in March of 2007 (the hardware was left in and the doctor was able to extend the new hardware off of it). This time around my recovery is not going so well. The reason I'm told is because of scar tissue from the previous surgery. I go back to the surgeon at the end of the week to see where I stand. Unfortunately I think it is just a matter of time before I am back in for a 3rd surgery of my C3-4 as it was already failing but not to the point that the surgeon wanted to address it. He figures he can buy me some time with range of motion. We'll see

Best of luck to you but please don't expect your recovery to mimic the first surgery as I did

Be well
  • Tom, Thank you for the response. I am hoping that recovery will be uneventful. I was sorry to hear about the scar tissue issue for you and hope that it will resolve with out surgery. What are your symptoms? Thanks again for the info....I wil try to remain cautiously optomistic.
  • Good luck with your surgery. Hopefully you will be in great shape for the graduation.
  • Hi

My second surgery acdf C4-C7 was easier to recover than the posterior Laminectomy on C4-C7. Can you tell me what symptoms you experience re C7/T1 as I am having further well new symptoms since the ACDF 2008. Hope you are Ok. Thanks in advance of your reply.
  • scatty...sorry for the long time since post have had a few hard days of not typing on the computer, position thing!!!

I con't to have shoulderblade and arm pain returned different but the same. Surgery tomorrow.
  • with your surgery tomorrow. Take it a day at a time and you'll be fine
  • Thanks Tom...been up since 1:00 am doing last minute stuff because I know I will be unable to do things for the next week or so.
    To be looking to the other side will be a blessing I know that I will get through this. My best to all of you this great day and take a little time to see a butterfly, listen to a baby laugh or imagine your face with the sun shining on it. Please have a positive day and I will post after I come back.Will be in hosp. 2 days. :H
  • Hope this finds you feeling beter soon. This was the last thing I did before I left for hosp. Please have a comfortable day. =D>
  • and post back when you can.