Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm new.. would like to meet others like me...

debbido71ddebbido71 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi Everyone.

I had an anterior cervical fusion on January 8th of this year. The doctor replaced c5-6 & c6-7 with donor bone and installed a plate. I am only 37 years old but was diagnosed last September with spinal stenosis. The only symptoms I was having were numbness in my hands and I was dropping things. I do have degenerative discs up and down my spine in several places. For about 5 years now I have been seeing a neurologist for leg weekness, shooting pains in various body parts & seizure types of episodes. I had dystonia in my neck ( which seems to have gotten better). I have an MRI every so often because the dr. has been checking for MS ( no lesions so far) ; so it was a surprise when they found the spinal stenosis.

I tried to wait for the surgery, but after 3 months I was getting worse, so that is why my surgeon said it was neccesary. I am currently doing physical therapy.

It is strange to have to deal with this since I was not in pain before the surgery. I now can only sleep in 2 positions & have to change the way I do many things.

I would love to correspond with others who share the same medical issues that I do.
Sometimes my husband gets tired of hearing me complain... I can't blame him so do I!

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you decided to stop by! :D i do not have your specific problems but we do share pain!! :''( i have alot of trouble sleeping at night. stop by the "Sleep Problems" forum if you are up!! (|: it can help pass a long night!! :D feel free to talk and complain all you want.. we do understand!! :D good luck as you search for pain relief! i am sorry your surgery was not a success! Jenny :)
  • Hi and welcome to Spine-Health.

I've had an ACDF w/hardware as well, but a 3-lvl, as you can see by my signature.

Strange, isn't it, how this can creep up on you. I started having strange arm goosbump/cold/muscle pain symptoms last May and had surgery in October. I tried about four weeks of PT which helped at first then was back where I started. My symptoms were getting worse (tingling/numbness in right arm 24/7, weakness and tennis-elbow-type symptoms in left arm) and I was referred to a surgeon who told me that it wasn't a matter of if I had surgery but when. He said if I had it done in October he'd have me back on the golf course in April, so that was that. I had it done.

The best part was that wearing a collar in the winter is so much better than the summer - it's hot in that collar!

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that you've found someone that understands most of what you are and have gone through.

Take care and feel free to PM me if you want to talk.