Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Decompression Therapy for firefighter

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in New Member Introductions
Wanted to know if anyone has done the new decompression therapy. I injured my back on the job in 2006 and went through all the normal procedures pt, epidurals, and pn meds. My condition is l-4 bulge and l-5 s-1 herniation. I am a firefighter and rely on back very much for my job. Pain just won't go away. Was told by 2 neuros that surgery would end my career and that can't happen. need help in Ky. Thanks

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i just dropped by to say hello. :H check out the top of the forum under "Treatment", then "Back Surgery" for more info on your procedure. =D> getting more than one opinion was a very wise move... =D> i am sorry to hear it may mean the end of your career! good luck as you make these important decisions! =D> Jenny :)
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. I have not had any experience with what you're gong through, but I wanted to say Hi and Welcome. You'll find many fantastic people here that are supportive and knowledgeable.

I also wanted to tell you that Jay911 is also a firefighter and battling back issues.

Take care and hope you get the help you need. I know it's out there somewhere.
  • hi there - i have a friend who did the decomp. therapy for about 3 months. he had 3 herniated discs and had been in excrutiating pain for years. nothing worked and surgery was not recommended. so, as a last resort, he went to a place that did the therapy and it was very very expensive (@ $6000) BUT, he was cured! he still feels great 1 year later. i have heard that you must investigate places that do this type of therapy b/c many are not well trained and also try to rip you off.
    i hope you find some relief and if you want more info about this from my friend, i will contact him and perhaps he'll agree (i don't see why he wouldn't) to talk with you.
    best wishes,
  • i go to a pain clinic in boston and there was a doc there, robert clickovitch who was from ky. and he went back there - to lexington, i think. he was the most wonderful, kind man i've ever known. see if you can get an appt. with him if lexington is anywhere near you.