Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

This pain, hurts so bad

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Chronic Pain
Well about 4 months ago it just started out as I would get very painful back spaz in my back. Now the last few weeks I can hardly walk. To get into bed I scream, getting out of bed I scream. The pain is crippling. When I get this pain I can't move and I scream in pain and I can't hold my bladder at all.

I am going to the doctor soon but I have a feeling I am not going to like the outcome. I want to do laundry and take a bath and it's too painful to do any of these things. I have pets to take care of also. I scream when I have to stand still and feed them worms. If I just stand without moving it makes it worse.

If the doctor told me to bend over I say you crazy, that would cause the pain to come back. I can't bend over and I can't move forward..I can hardly walk for that matter.

• God that sounds really awful. You really gotta get to the doctor and get some pain meds to get some relief. I don't know how you can think straight. Maybe after you get some pain meds you will be able to think about what to do next.
    Pain can really make a person unable to think clearly or make good decisions. Just tell the doc what you said here.

Good luck, I hope you fell better soon.
  • It sounds like you shouldn't wait until your next doctor appt. You should call them first thing in the morning and see if they want to see you asap or if you should go to er. When you lose control of your bathroom functions, it can very serious and should be treated immediately or at least call the doc to see if it needs to be treated immediately.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine the pain as well as embarrassment from the bladder issues. I don't know if they have to use catheters in these situations or not.

Please keep me posted on how you are doing and if you were able to talk to your doc or if they were able to squeeze you in or want you to got to ER.

My prayers are with you. Do you have pain medication? I don't remember what your history is, whether you had or need surgery, what area of your back is not well, what treatments you have tried etc.
  • I hope you get to the Dr and get him to order an MRI and you need pain meds. Try some ice or heat for 20 minutes a couple of times a day. When you stand try to put your one foot on a stool as well as when you sit. Try to get out of bed as you're rolled on your side and with the same arm under you try to pull yourself up as you slide your hand up toward your body. I have my desk chair to haul me up in the morning. I found robaxicin platinum helpful before I was all out with this herniated disc and then I needed more but do keep in mind I'm not a Dr. so I'm only giving my experience. I went to the ER because I was screaming in pain also and got pain pills. I could've wrote the same thing a year ago when the pain started. You take care of yourself and what kind of pet do you have? An Iguana? image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> What eats worms? See you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.