Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Phone call from Dr

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I call a phone call today. A surgeons office called and wants me to come in tomarrow at 10:45 ?? I guess when you tell your pain managment Dr after 8 monthes of wasting your time and having a fit they will listen. I also went and made my own 2nd opinion at a place in rochester too. I am so fed up. This Dr EDITED I am seeing tomarrow is in with my pain Dr so I dont know what to expect ??? All I know is I will not accept this answer I cant live like this. This week has been one of the worst in my life right up there next to when my mom died when my mom died when I was young. Now I dont feel like I have things to look forward to execpt more pain. Ever day, im a zombie too. ??????????? At least I am going to my head shrinker next week right!!

Well I hope tomarrow goes well and he can give me a glimmer of hope of some kind:)

Doctors name and contact details removed by forum Moderator (paulgla). We do not permit publishing specific doctor's or institution names and contact details.

• I went to the Drs Appt and It was very interesting. The surgeon was very nice and spent alot of time with me and even took new xrays and it showed more damage than there was 8 monthes ago. He said I would be a good candidate for a spinal fusion because of the DDD and spinal stenosis. He is looking at L5 L4 and maybe L3 I am going for an updated MRI on the 22nd as well. So that is about it for now. Thanks for listening.
  • I'm sorry I don't know the details of your story...but I am glad you felt the new doctor listened to you and heard what you were telling him about the pain you are experiencing.

Did you have a diagnosis previously? Depending on how severe your stenosis is, there really isn't any conservative treatment that helps much.

Glad you're getting a new MRI. Then you'll know what is going on in there.