Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Numbness in right hand increasing

My daughter is losing feeling in her right hand after falling asleep in an airplane for several hours, and can not get the numbness to abate. She has seen a chiropractor and massage therapist for the past 3 weeks, and it appears no improvement, in fact she is losing more sensations. She has tingling and burning in the hand, and is losing strength now. The condition has been going on for 3 weeks now, can anyone make any suggestions? Her MRI recently came back perfect.

Is there anyone who has experienced this, and who is an expert in this field?

• Hi Elkapower,

I guess you have seen an MD if you got an MRI. If not then I would start with an MD and work my way up. I wouldn't go back to the Chiro. You might try a Physical Therapist or an MD with a Sports Med. specialty. You would have to find a good one, a bad one is worthless. I mention this because I have had a similar problem and had my MD/sports Med doc simply locate the nerve that was out of place and push it back into the correct position. Yes, thats it. Maybe with a young healthy woman like your daughter that is all it is also, a nerve pushed into a pinched position because of sleeping in an odd way.

Best of luck, keep looking for that good doc until you find him or her.

• It sounds as if it could be carpal tunnel which could develop after falling asleep with hand in bad position.